Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner: Black Lotus - Adult Swim & Crunchyroll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Not sure if I really wanna watch that trailer.. is it any good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wouldn't call myself an expert, but the CGI is horrendous IMO; looks like a series of cut-scenes from a video game circa 2005; not sure why they didn't go with something 2D. While beyond a couple of visual nods to the Blade Runner movie, the story appears exceedingly generic - in the "young pretty android girl kicks bottom" style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have seen CGI you wouldn't believe

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh you're right, it looks pretty bad. When you see some of the stuff in Netflix's "Love, Death and Robots" it really comes off poorly.

Right, I'll give it a bit of space and check the imdb/rt scores later I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts November 13th

Starring: Jessica Stanwick, Brian Cox, Wes Bentley

Taking place 17 years before the events of Blade Runner 2049, the story will follow Elle a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose.

Haven't watched the trailers or looked much into it so kinda going in blind so far.

The show: At one point I was like.. Is that Brian Cox? Yes, Yes that is Brian Cox doing a voice:

Also early in the show it says it's 2032. So I checked up the wiki to figure out where that is. Obviously after Blade Runner set in 2019.

Also after 2022 when Replicants were outlawed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_Black_Out_2022

But before 2036 when the new Replicants are being proposed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2036:_Nexus_Dawn

Episodes 1 & 2: So the two episodes are kinda needed to understand the full intro. Feels a bit lightweight compared to the films but has nods, some atmospheric shots and they've put work into making raindrops on glass feel right 🙂

At the end of the 2 I was like WTF.. Why'd you get me invested in her Story if you are just gonna shoot her like that?!?!

I assume she's not dead... maybe wrong.. who knows. Maybe she is and the only thing to take away was the camera as evidence.

Guessing the big plot is the setup for the new Replicants. Offworld is mentioned but not sure if they'll explore it.

Like overall, it's OK, it's scifi. Works for me. I'm not sure if Blade Runner wants/needs/feels the same when it's not live action.

3: So far, feels a bit light touch from the films. I'm guessing they might be stretching out a story to fill the 13 episodes that it's wiki says it will have. At this point, it looks like it's just going to be a bit of

a backstory to how the new replicants started being made

maybe there'll be some off-world scenes, I wouldn't mind seeing that explored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is this available on Cruncyroll in Ireland?

4: Oh jeez.. I see.. OK writers.. eh I guess you made a point there.. that needed a whole episode for some reason. 😁

Well.. I guess the boss cop is in-on-it. That's the episode.

Definitely this series doesn't feel as deep as I think the Blade Runner folks intended. Still though.. some vision of the universe there to explore.

• Advertisement

5: Some promise in this episode. Anyway it looks like

She'll be going after the cops wife next episode. Can't see the cops wife making it out of that one.

The Blade Runner on the bus at the start was done well I thought. Felt Blade Runner..ey.

I'm guessing they show will be going to a point where he's in contact with Black Lotus

6: Well, definitely seeing the difference a Blade Runner can make.

This dudes seems to have been trained to have an iron grip on his gun.

Anyway, that's the cop and wife gone. I assume it's on to Dr M.

Possibly finding out more about the dude who saved Black Lotus after the street fight. I'm guessing he's a former Blade Runner.

7: Replicants!

What a beating that body has taken! She must be on her last legs.

For the last showdown I'm guessing possibly Wallace will take it as a victory for his replicant creation programme.. but she'll take his eyes before she dies maybe.

Maybe the father saves him.

8: Recap episode! Although.. the style did feel kinda Blade Runner ..ey

So, that's the cop on the out.. maybe she'll team up with Black Lotus.

All the same, Wallace will build Replicants so.. like at most, I'm guessing the show will see the father (Wallace) taken out of the picture

9: Hrmmm.. Right so. Two episodes left.

Everything looks like Wallace Junior organised this. Seems like there's just to see something play out between him, black lotus, the former and the current blade runners.

Well.. he lives anyway..

Think this show has grown on me.

10: Sometimes memories linger, even if you're human...

I swear I jumped when he shot her in the alley! Not sure if that was the only event that has him they way he is in the present but certainly explains at least some of it.

Looks like the endgame is going to be

a confrontation with Niander Wallace. Whether that's where he loses his eyes and needs the implant in his neck in the future.. I dunno.

11: Well.. this ain't no PG cartoon! 😲

Now it's feeling like the finale will be 2 Blade Runners + Black Lotus vs Wallace + probably a lot of Replicants

2 episodes left!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full season added to All4 today.

12: Now that! was a fight!

Blade Runners eh! I thought he was a goner for sure.

Next episode is the season finale. Haven't seen any news about another season.

So.. could be the end.. for her, for him.. for Wallace?.. can't be.. he's in 2049..

I dunno. Big fight lined up either way.

Some kind of final reveal would be good though to kind of wrap the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hadn't really watched anime shows (if this is considered one) and I enjoyed this. A friend of mine described the animation as "cheap looking" but it worked for me.

• Advertisement

Finished! Overall, .. this show was a vibe onto itself. Well wrapped season one.

I wouldn't bracket it as feeling just-like either of the films. It does share the world. Definitely it improved in itself as it went along.

13: I did gasp a bit

when she took his eyes.. I knew he lost his eyes, I knew it could be in this fight but the moment definitely caught me.

Well.. I guess that's mostly it.

Future: Not sure if there'd be a season two for this. There's some potential.

Definitely some kind of Wallace story or a story of her exploring some of the rest of this universe. I did notice that bike approach her right at the end.

Advertisement