Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can I buy a car with no licence whatsoever?

Options
  • 05-02-2022 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I want to buy a car but I've only done my theory test and haven't got a provisional as I'm 16.

Can I still put my name and details down on the logbook?

I understand that it appears to be a terrible idea for me to buy a car due to lack of a licence and whatnot but I need to know if I can.

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can buy as many cars as you like but you cannot legally drive them.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Don't forget if the motor tax is out you should declare it temporarily off the road so you don't have to pay arrears when you do get to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes go for it, just remember you are legally responsible for any fines associated with it so parking it on in a public place with no tax or insurance could result in a fine or seizure.

Advertisement