Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Afterparty - AppleTV+ - (***Spoilers***)

Options
  • 18-01-2022 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭

This is getting great reviews

From Lord & Miller

The Afterparty is a murder-mystery comedy set at a high school reunion afterparty. Each of the eight episodes will feature a retelling of the same night told through a different character’s perspective, each with its own unique visual format and film genre to match the teller’s personality.

Starts Janaury 28th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The first three episodes dropped on Friday and they are excellent! Very funny show that seems to be switching genre every episode. If you enjoyed the like of Lord and Miller's Jump Street movies, I think you'll enjoy this. The humour is very self referential and knowing and the cast are superb. Ben Schwartz is the highlight so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Enjoying this a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Very Enjoyable So Far

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is quiet fun really,

I do like the way each person's episode is seeing the events through a different genre of film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Caught up with the last two episodes and still really enjoying this. I hope it sticks the landing.

• Advertisement

Part animated episode this week they really are nailing the different styling episodes.

Apple TV Plus announced that The Afterparty has been renewed for Season 2 with Tiffany Haddish set to return 

Columbo epsidoe.

Good end to a very fun series.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This really was a class show can't wait to see season 2. I saw the animated episode got some poor reviews but I thought it was decent as well.

I loved the last episode with the puppets...the Walt one ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Great fun with the first 3 so far. Not a fan of Ben Schwarz's hyperbolic acting, but he gets it just right here for me; definitely the highlight so far. Loved Sam Richardson in Veep, and always a delight when he's around. Funny and clever show, without tripping itself up in its attempts to be clever. Multiple perspective angles are hard to pull off, but it's used to hilarious effect here. Plus, it's also got a murder mystery going on. Great stuff.

• Advertisement

The prime suspects for the new season will be Elizabeth Perkins, Zach Woods, Paul Walter Hauser, Poppy Liu, Anna Konkle, Jack Whitehall, Vivian Wu, John Cho and Ken Jeong

A fun opening two episodes.

Jack Whitehall doing his best Hugh Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Good to hear. Finished season 1 a while back; it dropped off in quality/starting to go a little stale, towards the end I thought, but still lots of laughs.

Lots of talent in the second season. Looking forward to it.

Really enjoyed this weeks Wes Anderson episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Second season is definitely a dip in quality so far imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well it does have Jack Whitehall which immediately puts me off. Enjoyed the first season so I'll give a chance at least.

That was really very poor overall with a few bright moments here and there.

The Afterparty not returning for season 3 at Apple TV+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Season 2 wasn't on same level as 1 but still disappointing

• Advertisement
Advertisement