Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slurry pipes under the road.

Options
  • 04-02-2022 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I was looking in the farming forum during the week, and found a thread about putting slurry pipes, either 4 or 6 inch, beneath the road on a permanent basis. Is that a thing done here in ireland, or is the slurry brought to the field in a tanker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭einn32

Worked on a farm in Cork and we used pull the umbilical pipe through a pipe under the road with quad or tractor. Left the rope in the underground pipe. Only took a few minutes. I guess you could have a permanent pipe but I wouldn't deem it worth it. Council should be a hassle I reckon too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

We got the road bored years ago for a water pipe on a farm that was rented. The new tenent has used the bore to put his slurry pipe through as he lives across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Neighbour does the same, use ramps here but contractor is also after getting a bracket for the loader to go over the road as well. Some people do be a bit precious about driving over ramps

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭einn32

Yeah a lad I know used to have the ramps but people were hitting them at speed. Last I heard he was going sorting out an overhead system. Just have to choose a part of the pipe not leaking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jim_11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sandman30

We put pipes under a road with a horizontal drilling machine. 2 4" pipes pulled in together, one for slurry, other for water/electricity etc. Wouldn't be able to use ramps on a busy road. Driller can pull in pipes up to about 1 metre diameter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Have water bursting up on one side of a road. Across the road there is an open drain however farm road is next to that, would the lads drilling need a trench the length of a crossing to drill under the public road?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sandman30

No trench required, just room to park drill, which is on tracks about 15 foot long. They can drill directionally in a curve, but would be easier if a hole dug at one end

Advertisement