Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Another Year?: The Late Late Show-Friday 4th February 2022

• 03-02-2022 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Hard to believe it's that time again, yet here we are!

"Ireland's six Eurovision hopefuls will take to the stage live on The Late Late Show Eurosong 2022 Special this Friday night, vying for the chance to represent the nation at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Italy next May.

For the first time in several years, viewers at home will have the opportunity to cast their vote for their favourite song and help to decide who will fly the Irish flag at Eurovision.

The winner of Friday night's Eurosong will then perform at the Eurovision Song Contest, in front of an audience of 180 million people around the world."

They've pooled these six songs from over three hundred entries, so they have to be good. Right? Right?

I have taken one for the team here and dug them out on YouTube (although RTE helpfully linked SoundCloud audio on their own article). Enjoy!

• One Night, One Kiss, One Promise. Performed by Patrick O'Sullivan, and apparently one Nicky Byrne had a hand in it. This lad has, on the face of it, had an interesting career.
    • Ashes of Yesterday-Janet Grogan. A nice ditty around the trials and tribulations of cleaning out the fire of a morning. This performer made it on to the X Factor before, they say.

• Real Love-Brendan Murray. Ex boy band type.

• Yeah We're Gonna Get Out of It-Miles Graham. Not an encouragement to those who would resort to mind altering substances to escape THE PAAIINNN, although it may well have that effect, this song is a call to arms written in the middle of lockdown. Maybe Miles had heard Subsidy predicting the end of Covis yet again, that morning.
    • I'm Loving Me-Rachel Goode. You go guuurrll.
    • That's Rich-Brooke Scullion (yes, really). Made the final of The Voice (UK) in 2020. I resemble the title of this one every time I see himself grinning back at me.

Not sure about how this will go at all, at all-I think the first one will swing it due to the Byrne association, all the luvvies will be plugging it like mad. The rest to me seem to be trying too hard to be "contemporary".

Tubridy is probably being briefed on any misfortunes the performers may have experienced as we speak-gotta get that misery in!

To cheer the soul after all that, I'll leave you with a good news story arising out of last weeks nonsense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,803 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love Eurovision I think Brooke Scullion song on paper miles above the rest it sounds pretty current....if Dua Lipa released it I think it would do well. But who knows if the late late audience will vote for her they might go for the old ballad like Janet Grogan

Disclaimer - I also might have a bet on her winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,500 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Weekly Negative comment.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

This show has some purpose do it might be tolerable.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

Not going to listen to the songs until they are performed tonight. Only then will I pass judgement, Statler and Waldorf-style.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tintin67

I suppose that we should be grateful that at least we have some manner of a National Song Contest back. I miss the days of Noel Kelehan stepping up to conduct for Ireland in the Eurovision back in the day when they still had the orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

If there's anything I can't abide more than Panto , well it's the Eurovison which I suppose is glorified panto , I'll give it a miss and check in on the reviews later 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

Six nations - Euro vision - Valentines show...

LLS is produced by the calendar. If they accidentally put on a tape of a show from this time 2019, would anyone notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,729 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I feel like I'm either appropriately locked for tonight's show or not enough, pretty much like watching Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Horrible start already

• Registered Users Posts: 17,729 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

In fairness, respect for including My Lovely Horse in the montage. The real winner of Eurovision.

HERE WE GO! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Are they all after coming from a funeral with the black masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

I think this year we might actually stand a chance. It’s a long time since I said that, when I last said it we won.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tintin67

There are international people around the world looking on our manner of National Song Contest. Not sure how they will string it out for 2 hours. Probably a bit of cancer in the middle and Joe Duffy live from Glasnevin Cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Some relief for the producers...they dont have to scrape the sludge from the toilets of the rte canteen to fill the segments tonight....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 81,016 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Russians have nearly taken the entire place over in a week, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are foreigners judging it because we can't be trusted?

• Advertisement

Hey look, a man dressed as a woman. OMG LOLLLLLLLLL

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Achilles Knee

Panti looks like My Lovely Horse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Can't beat the awkward "Who wants to be a millionaire" style waving

Didn't know Twink was going to be on, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Sorry .. but WTF is panty here for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh I can't stand Pantoli or whatever her name is. Just so horribly cheesy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

It's not a song contest any more, it's a sexuality contest!

That's terrible facial hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

shur the Eurovision is a total (non-derogatory) queerfest these days...

• Advertisement

Just make sure they don't have choreography like Lesley's last year, focusing too much on the stage moves than the actual singing.

Advertisement