Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Old Barracks Coffee 50% off

• 31-01-2022 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

You can use the code Valentine to get 50% off coffee at www.theoldbarracks.ie for today only. It's probably as well you can get it at half price as it is an-chostasach but a good opportunity to try a new coffee roasters if you need to stock up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

coffee is lovely there - this is a great offer, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭gipi

Just placed an order, thanks Prunty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Cheers for that, i went for the house blend and honduras.

The honduras sounds amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

Cheers Prunty.

Was out of beans and needed some of the good stuff.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

2 1/2 kg ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Where do you out the code in ? Do you have to create an account maybe?

Just above where you enter your credit card details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

the discount code is still good - thank you OP

BUT

27 quid for a 500g bag of coffee beans is bananas. c'mon! there is an Ethiopian bag in my local lidl that is gorgeous and is 3.99!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

still working although I have never paid more than a fiver for a pack of coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Thanks OP, just ordered some. Their house blend with the code is the same price as the large lavazza package. It’s a great bargain ! https://www.dunnesstoresgrocery.com/product/lavazza-qualit-rossa-coffee-beans-1000g-100775968

• Advertisement

looks like it's expired - code didn't work for me just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Are you sure? Just made an order using the code.

maybe it only works once per account/order...but definitely not available for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody who ordered this with the discount actually gotten a shipment or at least a dispatch note yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

Yea. I got a dispatch email this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

Delivered today. Haven't tried the coffee yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭breeno

Arrived today with roast date 31/01/22. Impressive. Had a cup of the house blend and it was very good but need to dial it in a bit. Delighted with this deal but would struggle to justify it full price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭breeno

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

• Advertisement

Same here, no updates on the web, no mails and certaily no parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

Got mine within two days of ordering.Emailed when despatched and contacted on day of delivery by courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I mailed them, they said check junk folder. Sure enough, there was order confirmation

God News, I got my DPD Parcelwizzard notification this morning that they will delivery my order today.

Website still shows it as unfullfilled and no mail from them, but at least I know it's now coming today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

Seems to be expired now!

You can now get 20% off with VALENTINE20.

I got a newsletter before I got a shippinig notification, not the best customer experience, especially as I opted out of future news.

--

Our Valentine's Sale is here, and were offering you a whopping

20% OFF select lines in-store and online: coffee beans, home brew equipment, coffee courses, and our first-ever wine tasting evening on February 24th*. Your code is: VALENTINE20

Use it for yourself, use it for someone you love, use it until February 14th, in-store and online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Hopefully others won't have made same mistake - I was sure I'd put in my delivery address (currently different to my billing address) but it seems like I've ended up with pick-up at their shop! Might be worth checking your order email (if you received one).

Same here. I emailed them re my order, got notification that my order was on the way (no tracking details though). I got the newsletter before I contacted them about the order.

• Advertisement

I messaged them. They said they are experiencing delays in packing due to an unprecedented number of orders.

Expect delivery between 7-9

Got mine just now.

What I like

Coffee Package is great with the ability to open easy and a good method of resealing.

Coffee itself is great, I really enjoyed the house blend prepared in my Chemex.

What I don't like

No roast date on the package

The 2 packs of coffee were pressed into a way to small package with loads of additional padding reusing old Musgrave marketplace bags of some sort

Will I be back?

Time will tell, as I will have to fine tune a little to dial in the right grind and amount for my particular brew method but so far I can't see me paying full price for this.

My order was delivered this morning.

One to watch if you're ordering again...I ordered a gift box mini, which costs 39 euro (full price). The photo alongside the item suggests that the gift box contains 4 packets of coffee. What I got was 2 full bags and 2 sample bags. Not what I expected, but I guess I didn't read the webpage closely enough.

Coffee roast dates were 2nd Feb, so can't fault the freshness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Got mine on sat, honduras coffee is absolutely delish. very happy with price, delivery was a bit slow, but i guess a small company doing a very big deal. They probably weren't expecting the demand.

My bags were both roasted within the past 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I got mine yesterday and roasted within the last seven days. Had some free samples, fortune cookies, a personal message and great coffee! Lovely touch and I'll be back at full price based on this.

Advertisement