Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graydon, Newcastle

• 29-10-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Setting up this thread for anyone who's bought or planning to buy in Graydon in Newcastle. We hope to be in before the end of the year.

Can anyone who has moved in already share how their experience has been so far? Anything in particular to look out for in the snag?

How is the gravity feed for the washing machine working out, will a standard machine work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smr2112

Hello,

We are hoping to move in by end of the year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FTBr

Great! Have you got a date for a snag yet?

Not yet, how about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NCNewb

Hiya, I'm sale agreed on a duplex but still ironing out some particulars on mortgage, but do hope to be in by Christmas. Got email yesterday saying it's ready for snagging so I have to come back to them to request a time and date.

Snagging next Wednesday confirmed.

• Advertisement

Hi all, yeah got a date for snagging next week.

Anyone who's moved in already able to share anything in particular to look out for in the snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tobby21

@FTBr and @NCNewb did you get snag dates for the duplex or house? We went sale agreed on one of the houses back in September and we have signed the contracts. Nothing on snag dates yet.

We went sale agreed on one of the houses as well, and have signed the contracts but haven't received any updates on snag yet.

Duplex for me anyway.

Reading the Facebook groups about the village would get you a bit worried though, petty crime being reported and people saying the area is going downhill etc. Hope it's exaggeration ;-)

Post edited by NCNewb on

Snagging for a house for us this week.

Regarding antisocial behaviour. We live in the area already so are familiar. There is some antisocial behaviour around, mostly teenagers acting the maggot etc, but no more than is being reported than the likes of Lucan at the moment. And there is a lot less trouble than over in Citywest and the environs.

Unfortunately a fact of life anywhere half "affordable" in Dublin. But Newcastle is no worse than any of the other options for this particular phenomenon.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Always seems nice and quiet when I've been around the last few weeks. Probably shouldn't pay much heed to FB groups anyway for information! You obviously like the area anyway? Would you get a parking space down in Hazelhatch car park in the morning I wonder? Could always walk/cycle it too I guess? Would you ever get the bus to town that goes through the village? Must be a good hour or so I'd say?

Snagging went well on my side. Very few issues at all just a door that wouldn't shut properly into the sitting room and 2 small cracks on the landing but person who did it with me was pleasantly surprised. Got my letter of offer finally today after a lot of back and forth with the bank. Looks like I'll be in before Christmas which is exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tobby21

Thanks for your response. Snagging for our house confirmed for next week. How did your snag go; Were there any major issues and did they give a time-line for fix?

Snag went well. Cosmetic issues only, paint splashes some marks on doors and walls. The snagger commented that the house was built to an excellent standard. Didn't get a timeline, but wouldn't expect it to take too long. Good luck with your snag!

As per the previous question, I don't work in town so can't vouch for public transport in the morning. Think the bus services to the village are increasing under the bus connect plan also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 brenersar

does anybody know if Graydon released 2bed appts? What the price range for 2bs?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Also interested in 2 bed pricing

I think they're around 290-300k. Not lower than that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ggmat799

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Absolutely disgusted!! For a 2 bed apartment!!!

Question more about the heating/ventilation system in the houses rather than the estate itself but does anyone else find their place a little chilly? I have our downstairs set to 20c and upstairs to 19c and leave them be as instructed. There is an icy breeze/draft coming from the wall vents that really makes the place cold. I'm thinking of taping them up which surely is not a great thing to be doing.

Slept in the spare room last night to test temperature and it was absolutely freezing with a cold draft while the joule wall console said it was 19c as usual. Anyone else having similar issues?

• Advertisement

Haven't found that at all, can feel cold fresh air coming in when I put my hand up to the vents but it not enough to noticeably cool the room. All the rooms feel the same temp and holding the target temp just fine.

Those vents are only supposed to supply fresh air as required, I wonder do you have an issue where they are fully open all the time?

That could be it. I'm going to get my hands on a thermometer over the weekend and do a bit of checking against the console.

In fairness, any little queries or small issues that I've raised with the foreman have been looked after. One of the benefits of being in the estate relatively early I guess.

Yeah they are very prompt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyingpig

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a good snagger who's familiar with this development please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dzdz

Hi folks,

Has anyone bought a duplex in Graydon? I'm planning to get a 3-bed one and I'm wondering how is the soundproofing like between the apartment below and the duplexes to your side?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattshine

@dzdz Have you secured an appointment in this new phase? Just out of curiosity, when you received the email about the new release, how long did it take you to reply?

Thanks and good luck with the new buy 😁👍🏼

Is this still an issue? When we bought we knew people who replied within literally two minutes to be told they're too late.

Is it possibly an issue with people not getting recieving the mail as quick Nas others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattshine

@FTBr Yes, I had a discussion with the letting agent, they confirmed I replied within 2 minutes but still didn't get an appointment. So I was just wondering from someone who has got an appointment, what did they do differently?

2 minute reply is pretty quick, it's hard to believe 30 other were quicker 😅

Also I was told the email is sent to all registered in 1 go. Now it could be possible people don't receive it straight away? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dzdz

Hey @mattshine, I was able to secure one by chance. I replied within a minute of receiving the email! I honestly wasn't expecting to be successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Matqo

I was able to secure a viewing for today after missing out on previous 4 phases - here is the timeline based on email metadata;

17:46:28 - Email sent out by Cairn Homes

17:46:37 - Emai received by Gmail

17:46:58 - Reply sent out

Hope that helps and best of luck with next phase or cancellations!

Advertisement