Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling study €10 gift card for participation

Options
  • 19-01-2022 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I'm doing a study on problem gambling and metacognition for the Gillan Lab, Science for Brain Health, TCD.

I am currently looking for active gamblers to join the study. Just click the following link and everything is explained in the participant information sheet and consent form. It should take less than an hour to complete the study and you will receive a €10 reward card upon completion of the full task.

Any questions feel free to ask, most things are covered in the link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just to add that I am a regular boards user and would appreciate the help of any other boardsies in this study. All data is anonymous. You do not have to believe you have a problem with gambling to participate, just an active gambler.

This study will help to further understand metacognition, that is the awareness of one's own thinking and mental processes. I'd be very grateful to anyone taking the time to complete the study and further our knowledge in this area.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to check the information on the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just a last push on this everyone! Thank you so much to those that have participated already, it really is much appreciated. My recruitment for the study ends next week and I'm just a handful short of having enough participants, so if anyone is on the fence about participating please do so now!

I'm really hoping to have enough data to make this research worthwhile and help to understand the role of metacognition and self-esteem in gambling.

Advertisement