Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Smile @ “Magazine” , London Jan 29th

Options
  • 30-01-2022 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭

Was at the first of their 3 gigs in the smallish but excellent new venue called “Magazine”, close to the O2 London, last night.

https://magazinelondon.co.uk/

Great to see Thom, Jonny, from Radiohead & Tom Skinner, at their 1st ever live gig. They played 14 original tracks, some of which were played at the virtual Glastonbury event last summer.

They streamed the 3 gigs, about 1200 attendees at each ,in a very intimate- in the round setup, new album is finished and should be out soon, a taster here:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭fafy

Photos were banned at the gig, but grabbed a few from the live stream:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The only tune I've heard is the "You Will [...] Television Again." Really like it. Must check out some more of their stuff.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Euro Tour announced today, but no Dublin gig. Considering The Roundhouse, London, its a lovely old venue.

This announcement really confirms, that there will not be any Radiohead activity for a long while, if, at all, but so glad Jonny is in the group, its the first time Thom has gone out with another Radiohead member, which has edged the project, towards being the most Radiohead’ish project, of the many Thom has been involved with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,677 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The email said "more shows for The Smile will be announced in due course"

Guessing it's still a long shot we'll get a Dublin gig, but fingers crossed

Its a very longshot, the logistical obvious route, is Manchester->Dublin> Belfast-> Glasgow, kind of route.

I’d say we do have a chance of seeing them at a festival here, as they start doing them from late June, maybe EP, if were lucky.

I’ve seen most of my Radiohead/Atoms For Peace in the UK, due to their lack of gigs over here, they did not even come here for the King Of Limbs Tour, nor the pre “In Rainbows” tour, so i’l try for Roundhouse i think, its a great venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,677 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It is, if it was the weekend I'd be so over it

Advertisement