Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxi only EV chargers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

I found some photos online of the Dublin airport taxi only chargers. Looks like 3 posts, one slow AC only, DC 150kW max

From

https://tsgcharge.ie/daa-case-study/

Post edited by zg3409 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭innrain

From the pictures and google street view I believe they are in this place which is behind the barrier. Unfortunately street view is from 2018 in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dubwat

@zg3409 & @innrain Thanks! I couldn't find any info.

Curious though. The tsg link you linked to says:

[quote]The 22kW AC units are identical to the new units currently being deployed by ESB e-cars in the public charger network, so EV drivers would be very familiar with them already. The 150kW DC Chargers with CHAdeMO and CCS connections per charger are new to the Irish market but have been deployed elsewhere around the world successfully. All 3 Chargers were installed for taxi rank and public use.[/quote]

I believe they are in the Kesh myself. I think there's only 1,500 taxi passes for the Kesh. For reference, there's approx 9.5k taxi vehicles in Dublin and another ~6.5k taxi vehicles outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dubwat

Well, that didn't take too long. Someone naughty charging at the taxi-only charger at Heuston station. The joke may be on them though. That DC charger (CCS & chademo) on that left side charger has been stuck at 10kWh for the past month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All 3 taxis I done last year all have gone chargers. And one this year too.

2 of them for free chargers through Kia.

2 missed the offer.

eNiro on the road working for just under €18k.

MG5 on the road working for just under €12k.

I see at Cork airport the "taxi only" 50kW charger is now restricted from being activated by a non taxi. The other public 50kW charger has been broken for months. The person who mentioned this on Facebook said they have never seen a taxi use that charger, and I think they are a local. So at that site two 50kW chargers and basically neither can be used or will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Curious to know how are they blocking access to non-taxis. The ones in Limerick train station work perfectly with the plugsurfing app for non-taxis

I know on some apps certain chargers are simply not listed on the map, so there is a way to restrict them by log in, or by company etc. Now that said the info there may just be wrong. In the north they handed out special civil service cards that would activate specific chargers similar to esb ones. I am sure it's an option with most providers. Certain tags allow taxis access Dublin airport taxi only parking which restricts the special ones there to cars that can get past the barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I see... Must try the ones at the station again, see if they are restricted to taxis at a software level, 30c/kWh is good value

• Advertisement
Advertisement