Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf carts

Options
  • 04-01-2022 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,205 ✭✭✭✭

I am in the market for a new golf cart. there are new (maybe not that new) 3 wheel carts available.

i used love my physics back in the day and this got me thinking. which cart requires less effort to push/pull - the 3 wheeler or 2 wheeler, assuming they weight the same?

2 wheeler: when you have it balanced all the weight is going down through the 2 wheels. like balancing a pencil/ruler on your finger.

3 wheeler: all the weight goes down through the wheels regardless.

once the 2 wheeler is balanced, all the weight of both is down through the wheels so the only effort required is to overcome friction? maybe its the exact same once the 2 wheeler is balanced?

i dunno, this is just me rambling on but couldn't find anything on the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭zv2

There would be more friction on 3 wheels so try a 1 wheeler.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Advertisement