Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All of Us Are Dead (Netflix. Korea, Zombies)

Options
  • 28-01-2022 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Well. Seems it's Korea, School, Zombies! (Currently 8.1/10 on IMDB and 100% critics, 80% audience on RT)

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_of_Us_Are_Dead

When a high school becomes ground zero for a Zombie virus outbreak, trapped students must fight their way out — or turn into one of the rabid infected.

Trailer - All of Us Are Dead | Official Trailer | Netflix

Episode 1: Well .. introducing Korea with an underlying nightmarish, horrific society .. oh and here come Zombies!

Damn those bullys really kinda got me worked up. Kinda felt like rootin for the Zombies to get all of em. One down so far. Get the feeling the head bully will be kept around for ages though..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really liked the first episode.

Gory and OTT as you would expect!

Episode 2 even better than 1 I thought!

Loved the fights in the halls with the doors and windows etc. Kinda handy one of the guys turned into John wick for a bit!

The hysterical girl in the pink cardigan screeching constantly is one small criticism so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

With what has been covered so far, I'm not sure how this season can be 12 whole one-hour long episodes.

In this one I started to worry a bit that it might drag on a bit but the ending got my attention back.

2: OH NO!

The dude!!!!! .. though.. they didn't actually show his death... so.... very loose maybe..

That seen where On-jo had to let go of her friend out the window.. that really reminded me of the scene from the start of Sylvester Stallone film Cliffhanger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7X3WcWABDw

3: 😲 ... aannnnddd *exhale slowly*

Damn that was one stone cold back stab right there.. I knew it was flagged from her looking at the broomstick but didn't think she's done anything to get him until she took the rag out.

Then ole Presidenté catching her .. I was like YEAH!

but her going out to die.. I was like.. kind of noooo

Then separately, the story with the girl and the baby! What a damn hard story she had. What a way to go protecting her baby like that!

Anyway, so looks like

The authorities of some kind have arrived. Police or Army I'm guessing if it's a helicopter.

Had no idea it was 12 episodes. I am only three in but pace good so far.

I was getting a bit confused with some of the kids etc but in fairness less of a problem as it goes along..they aren't afraid to kill them off!

• Advertisement

Okay episode 4..

That is a lot time dedicated to where to pee and poo....lol.....but still a lot of fun, the cop was like somebody out of the raid!

Wasn't that into the live stream guy til the part with the kids.

The explanation of why the dad school teacher did we he did doesn't really make much sense, either does the time line with the son really...but doubt we have seen the last of him he seems conscious despite being a zombie.

Also did I miss something how did the horrible bully with the mullet get out of the kitchen?!

Is the roof top girl partially immune or what? She seems to not be turning quickly if at all...

Side note pink cardigan is a wreck the head and a psycho...hopefully the nice teacher who went after her is ok

4: 😲 No way!

He can't be dead! Both of those seemed to be lined up as part of the final group / final showdown! I assume the bully is dead.. just way later on in the show.

Couldn't believe the start with the mother getting caught just as she got to the school! She'd done so well until then.. or maybe just lucky.

Then again, this episode really pushed the go-out-alone-and-you-die feel.

Oh, and now.. the big

Baddie.. I assume the father might actually be some kinda smart super zombie.. the way he looked was that bit different

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just about to start episode 10 - it's typical SK zombie stuff

But it's far far too long - should have been 8 episodes and get rid of all the other filler, also think it concentrates too much on the school (maybe a budget constraint)

As a zombie fan I'm finding the show a tough slog to finish

Would give it a 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

I'm enjoying this one, it's got an Uncanny Counter vibe from it. From all the shows I've watched it seems like Korean schools are lawless lands where bullies reign. Must be tough to be a teenager there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

• Advertisement

Up to episode 5 now, still solid fun

That whole section in the library was terrific! Really inventive. Glad mullet bully got his comeuppance. I still don't really get why he hasn't turned or the girl with the long hair tbh...

The sections in the school are really the strongest parts, I could do without a lot of the other stuff (the sped up bit with the cops...was a bit Benny hill..awful) but I suppose the other stuff adds context to what's going on.

I thought for sure the mice in the lab were going to bite the girl.

Episode 6 was first disappointing episode imo...felt like a filler episode. I was bored at points tbh

The thing with the diaries to camera cheesy.

Would they not have checked that room before now?!

Pink cardigan zzz...will we find out what happened to the teacher I wonder..

Jesus those lads weren't great shakes with machine guns going after the dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Finished it last night. Its grand, watchable, but far too long. I like the whole Korean drama setup of having proper hour-long episodes over a long series but this one did seem to drag out.

Sets up as well for a series 2, which apparently has already been greenlit. Will be interesting to see where they go from here, after that final scene....

Up to episode 10...still enjoying it...but 12 episodes is a stretch.

The part with the kids is still by a big stretch the strongest part. They make seriously good use of the situations and surroundings

The fight in the gym with the ball cages was excellent!

Finished episode 11.

How does someone become a super zombie is it just luck of the draw?! It seems to be...can they spread the super zombie thing by biting?

Also her dad could have clearly got out of the tennis court just saying... I did like the not to Jurassic park though :). The standing around crying while you could be running thing is annoying...

Still lots of questions for episode 12. I am guessing there will be more coming seems to be a hit.

It's really enjoyable but 12 episodes is overkill and felt like a lot of padding some of the stories could easily be dropped (e.g. the cop, his idiot side kick).

5: Well of course the

freakin bully gets taken out only to come back..

I assume he's now a possible carrier of some hope of a cure/vaccine/remedy

6: Right so.. they've now got some kind of

Half Zombies... hybrid? halfbie like the dude said?

Had to be the bully though!

Biggest feels moment in this one had to be the

young girl turning up and pointing out her mother just as the two lads were making a runner from the restaurant with the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I enjoyed this series.

As it goes I think it was pretty realistic as to what would happen in this type of situation, as in not the clichéd horror tropes of someone going alone to check out the mysterious noise in the basement etc. Which is a common frustration of mine, and many others.

The episodes where genuinely tense and there is no gaurantees as to who, amongst the admittedly confusingly large cast, will survive.

There is an element of teen drama to the whole affair which isn't exactly something that would maintain my attention much but given the settting I found tolerable.

I think the one complaint I had with this is the same one I have with most korean series is that it's a bit drawn out, there's good few segements that don't need to be there and that add nothing to the story at the end of the day. There's carachter development and then there's just pure filler.

Having said that I am glad I started watching this and am glad that I stuck with it untill the end. If you enjoyed this then I would recommend you watch the movie #alive, and the 'train to busan' movies referenced by the carachters and vice versa.

7: This felt like one of the more action packed ones!

From the soldiers at the start to the classroom escape to the stairway battle at the end.

Ominous feeling that one of the group is gonna get bitten after the cliffhanger. I'm not holding out hope for the bully being stopped either.

Advertisement