Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Pandemic Late Late

Options
  • 28-01-2022 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

As the Irish rugby teams prepare for this year's Six Nations campaign, Ryan will be chatting to Grand Slam winners Jamie Heaslip, Peter Stringer and Fiona Coghlan. They will talk about Ireland's prospects in this year's men' and women's competitions; how playing in front of a full crowd is the boost they need, and the current situation with the women's game after that letter.

Kildare GAA All-Star footballer Mary Hulgraine will be on the show to discuss how she kicked her addiction to Oxycontin and alcohol to make a return to the Kildare Senior Women's team.

Ryan will catch up with 14-year-old harpist Úna Walsh, who inspired children all over the country when she performed on last year's Late Late Toy Show. Úna and her mother Barbara will share her extraordinary story about living with her hearing impairment and how new technology has transformed her life.

This must be one of the worst line ups for the LLS that I can remember. I like rugby but have no interest in watching a preview of the six nations. I'm sure that the other two guests are fine, but it doesn't seem like there's much entertainment on offer tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya, that looks really painful viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a terrible line-up. Feel sorry for all the folk getting into the studio for that muck. At least they'll get a few drinks out of it.

He's lucky the Six Nations is starting next week, or he'd have no line-up at all.

At least he will get the chance to show us his extensive knowledge of Irish rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they would want to have plenty of booze lined up for the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

una is the highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭StevenToast

How is it possible to actually get worse....each week is progressively worse than the last.

Impossible viewing tonight....

Our saviour Ryan Tubridy ended the covid pandemic and was heroic throughout with his lies and spoofery...

I guarantee you that Father Tubridys introductory sermon will be unwatchable.....

As for the guests....beyond pathetic

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like another 11pm finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭tintin67

They should just move Daithi and Maura's show to 9.35pm on Fridays and stick Tubridy on in the afternoon. At least you'd get a bit of decent craic and banter. That line up is rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Think it will be a movie on NF for me. Whatever happened to the plans for a special show for frontline staff. I remember Ryan saying that once the pandemic was over, they would have an audience filled with frontline staff with lots of freebies to say Thank You.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten as my old Mam used to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

What happened to Pelvis Parsley starting this thread ?

Oh I can quote again!

I miss Pelvis around these parts. New openers always welcome though.

A dismal lineup. It's not even worth suffering through to follow this thread. I'll return to my wine, Indian snack yokes, and Wheel of Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

No disrespect to the OP at all, Tried wheel of time, just got bored with it and its gender dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I know. I just wanted to acknowledge not seeing Pelvis around while at the same time not being a hypocrite because I've started the thread in the past 😊

I'm on episode 3 and haven't read the books so I don't know too much yet about the gender dynamic. So far the story is........fine 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I assumed from the Thread Discription,

Guest line up might have included those at a loss as to what to do next......

Claire Byrne

Luke O Neill, Sam Mc Conkey, Kingston Mills

Joe Duffy

Entire Staff of Prime Time

Entire Staff of Mourning Ireland

God Forbid, even P Kenny 😳

But as regards the Actual Line up WTF 😳, sounds like it's going to be enthralling (Not) 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭standardg60

Desperately sad that the LLS has reached RTE Guide levels of filler material, trolling the depths of TV wannabees, toy show rehashes, and obscure misery/triumph non stories.

Surprised there aren't a couple of IFA mouths on expressing panic about the price of a chicken given it made the main news during the week.

Surely a debate on the growing tensions over Ukraine would have made a bit of tuning in worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭archfi

That's pretty dismal.

I think (way past time btw) that the LLS cannot sustain over 2 hours every week from September to May. Entertaining guests just *are not there* to fill that time, hence the reliance on whoever farts in the RTE canteen and local death, misery and pain.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

Yeah, LLS seems reluctant to do anything current affairsy anymore, leaving it to the midweek shows and concentrating instead on misery/"entertainment".

Costs a fair bit to air I would imagine. Hardly worth it with line ups like tonights.

Mary Hulgraine might be worth a hear. More usually a male story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Woah woah waoh.

Some sports and music guests?

That already makes it better than most lineups before it even starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

They must have had all the kids the Toy Show back on now. Where to next?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Wait till you see who is on next week's LLS. If the news is anything to go buy and if Ryan can get them on it will no doubt be the father that was stuck in China the last 3 years and away from his family. Delighted he is on his way back home to his family by the way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Guaranteed the producers are hunting them down....

Ambulance chasing, misery hunting ghouls......

A fistful of dollars is on TG4....do yourself and your mental health a favour and watch that instead of the father tubridy sermon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,857 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! 😊

Let the fun begin!

I see the audience haven't practiced clapping in time during the lockdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Ah **** off Tubridy you prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

What an intro. Straight to the cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Oireland Oireland together standing tall..

Any chance of tickets?

Answers on a postcard

Whoop! Good times! Yeah! We're back, baby!

(Everyone in that audience will be in hospital tomorrow with Covid).

• Advertisement

Here’s Welsh Megaman loive in de studio

Advertisement