Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Power Priority

Options
  • 28-01-2022 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

If you have everything installed -- what is the typical order of priority for a typical irish home?

Is it Sun ==> House Load ===> Battery ===> EDDI ===> Car ===> Back to Grid

Is this correct? Do people set this up any differently sometimes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

That is the way I run it. As the zappi doesn't start until 1.4kW excess then having the Eddi first makes more sense imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I tend to put the Zappi and Eddi both as equal priority. I find it better at soaking up excess generation.

When generation falls below 1.4kW, the Eddi will soak that up. The generation is above 2.9kW the Eddi is insufficient to soak up all the export by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Didn't realise you could have two the same, just looking online I can see this can be done in the advanced settings. Always done it through the app.

Everyday is a school day😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thanks for your help. Im putting a presentation together for a work thing so i wanted to make sure i covered this topic correctly. I will provide links back to this forum and the SS for quotes etc.

Advertisement