Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for advise when you are only 5 weeks , supplements , Omega 3

Options
  • 06-01-2022 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi Im not looking for medical advice, but I'm 5 weeks on my first so this is all very very new to me. Im seeing conflicting information on taking Pregnancy Omega 3 supplements before 12 weeks, I was under the impression it is ok as it is important for brain and eye development. I cant get my GP they are understandably rushed off there feet other than the pharmacy is there anywhere else you could direct me for more reliable information ? Dr google is not helping.

Comments

I am 35 weeks pregnant and all along, I have been taking Omega 3 supplements along with my daily Proceive supplements. On the Proceive box, it says to O3 with their supplements so I just followed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

You could make an appointment with a nutritionist / dietician - always helpful to have a sense check on your diet and supplements, pregnant or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Is it okay to keep taking conception supplements once you find out you are pregnant? I just got the positive in the last few days and had been taking proceive and have loads left! Is it essentially the same thing or beat to stop i wonder?

Advertisement