Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: An Bord Pleanala Refusal

Options
  • 28-01-2022 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello

Can anyone give me an idea of what the implications of a refusal from An Bord Pleanala are? Does it make the chance of ever getting plannig on the subject site impossible? One aspect of my appeal is on local needs. We meet the local needs under the County Development plan but the planner at local level was of the opinion we didnt. Some of the decisions from ABP seem quite harsh. In one case the inspector found the couple met local needs but the Bord refused it!! My partner and I have only ever wanted to build and in a housing crisis with boxed room houses being thrown up (again!), im loosing all hope.

thanks

Post edited by RS2022 on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭MacDanger

My understanding of it is that ABP might agree with you on the local needs element of your application but then refuse you on some other aspect (e.g. national policy is not in favour of one-off housing). When we were in the planning process, the feedback from our architect was that it's not a great idea to appeal to ABP unless you have absolutely no other option and even then it's not a great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭donalh087

In your circumstances I suspect the only way of getting planning is to avoid ABP, however you manage that. I had a similar situation, planners granted permission but a number of locals objected. ABP said no - for completely different reasons. I went cap in hand to the objectors and, more or less, asked them to give me a break. I applied again and was granted by the planners. Never went the Bord the second time - it would certainly have been rejected.

So, you need to speak to your planner and convince him of your entitlement. You have to get him on your side and pray for no ABP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

I think you misunderstand what Bord Pleanala do, they must look at an appeal "de novo" meaning as if the original application was made to them, have you actually been refused permission by the Local Authority?

Advertisement