Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Anyone watching the new Virgin One series "Crash Scene Investigates ?

• 26-01-2022 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

It's started very strange for me I must say totally on expected like it's some drama show then boom straight into it. Very hard hitting. I missed the first episode so no idea what that one was about but this one was very sad and you have to say that lorry driver was very unlucky too to be in that crash.

I think they could have just got to facts and explained what happened on the night or day who was at fault how the forensics were done and all that instead of trying to make a drama out of it but I think they are trying to show the human side of it too. You have to wonder what the familys who lost loved ones in these crashes think of it too.

I see the loved ones are all interviewed so I suppose in a way it could help them to move on and maybe they get something for it to help them too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,669 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I had spotted it scheduled last week but I thought it was dealing with UK crashes that I had seen before on BBC, is it Irish motorists?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes it is Irish motorists and familys in it.

I am sure you could catch episode two on repeat at some stage or on there player. I have no idea about episode one as I did not see that episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,669 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Sorry now I missed it. I see this weeks episode is repeated at 11.35 on Saturday, will catch up on last weeks on the player, cheers.

Ms

It was just pure luck that I noticed it last night and decided to record it. Its a hard watch. You might want tissues at the ready.

No prob.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The first episode was very hard to watch, what an awful waste of 2 young lives. It happened outside Castlemartyr, the 2 couples on the way to Cork Airport for a weekend away.

First car in the scene drove away, probably drunk driver as well.

It was great to hear from the emergency services, these guys seem to get forgotten about at times

• Advertisement
    Ms

Jeez that sounded terrible. What year did that happen? Did they catch the driver of the car that drove away?

Don't think I would have been able to watch all of that one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

About 12 to 14 years ago I think.

The driver of the other car tried to run back to Middleton and was caught 5 hours later. The cocktail of drink and drugs he took was astonishing. Think he only got 5 years, had an argument with his girlfriend in the pub, took her keys and drove the car.

The first car on the scene had nothing to do with it but must have been another drunk driver, why would you drive off otherwise.

The girl driving the car turned it at the last second, the Garda interviewed basically said she saved 2 lives by doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Rustyman101

5 years was a joke sentence, should have gotten 10 to 15.

Lad got 8 years for the grow house in tramore

Ms

Yep 5 years is a disgrace unless it was totally accidental and they had no drink or drugs on them. It certainly should have been at least a 15 year sentence.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I gave the first episode a miss because it's a case I've heard a lot about over the years.

I gave the second episode a watch and it wasn't what I expected regarding the drama scenes.

• Advertisement
    Ms

The third episode was not the worst. It was more a case of two young people not having any sense or cop on or being force ful enough. He should have stopped driving untill she took her feet off the dash board and she should have never done it in the first place it was totally stupid of her and she payed a high price for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Very tabloidy as you'd except from TV3/Virgin One.

Ms

I have the say thd fourth episode was very sad. The poor Woman in the Skoda just had no chance. Just very unfortunate to be in the wrong place at that time in her car when that Honda with them youngsters hit her car going too fast and drunk. I hope they are in hell if it exists the driver at least anyway. No idea if the others had any part in it or knew what was to come but if they had of worn there seat belts they might have survived instead of being killed as well so young.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement