Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI bulls thoughts now at Calving

Options
  • 27-01-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Just starting this thread now as im feeding calves think itd be a good thread if lads contribute their thoughts on calves as they hit the ground and will help everyone picking bulls for breeding particulary the beef sires … used a nice bit of sexed on heifers and for the first week of cows last year and all coming now savage job early heifers and an amount of them from the start , Got a lovely red heifer from Components FR6076 with no red genes in the back breeding of dam ,had a delta b52 savage stylish sort of calf had a BB6178 belgian blue yesterday out of a fair fresian cow didnt take anything out of her gestation just at 278 days and a grand big calf Gestation on fr6076/fr5239 seems to be around 272days Have a few limousins and speckled parks along with a few eurogene fresian bulls due over next few weeks .. finding herdapp unreal for calving have a week to week view of everything due to calve shows when i can put them into tank or if they only got sealer and then the obvious one registering calves easily i just do it straight away as i tag them now takes the bulk of work out of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

On herd app, do you know how to see what cows are due to calve over 7 days away? A good few calving over a week before their time here

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Yeah easy to change in settings on home screen the settings icon beside “due to calve” i have it set to 14days

Advertisement