Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

Laois were requesting EOI for batch 3 I believe so must be ready to call

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lil0s1245

Hi all, apologies this is a bit off topic. Just been offered an EO position in Dublin from an internal panel (currently based in Kerry as a CO). I know it's very dependent on a person's personal circumstances, but wondering if anyone could give me an insight into living in Dublin on an EO salary, as it is a big move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Dublin is expensive. Rented accommodation hard to get and expensive. I moved the opposite direction in both County and grade.

Stay In kerry. Its a better life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Had an interview last week, anyone any idea when the results will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

I had my interview on the 29th November and got my result on the 8th December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Devils advocate here. But if you're seeing it as a stepping stone and need the position to get up the career ladder take it. 2 years in Dublin won't kill you financially. Consider anywhere in the hinterland of Dublin as a possible place to rent. It is expensive but if it's not forever why not? You'll get great experience and can serve as a means to an end. Moving back down to Kerry after you get what you need out of the position in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

It will be hard to live in Dublin on an EO salary at the lower end of the scale. But if you can supplement your income and/or have access to reasonably priced accommodation options you could make it work. As a pp mentioned it could be invaluable for career progression.

There are no guarantees of getting back to kerry.

I got eo while living in Dublin and had sold my house there to move down.i went back to my old grade on open competition to facilitate the move and applied for eo again down here.

I'm on mobility just to move in the county for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lil0s1245

Thanks everyone. All very valid points, a lot to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

I contacted Pas today about information on the competition, and have been told they don't expect to place anyone after June 2022.

I am not hopeful of being placed after passing etray back in Sept and still awaiting interview.

For anyone looking for information on Laois/ Carlow.

So far, Carlow have called 14 for interview batch 1 and placed 4 people, and Laois have called upto 30 and placed 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Kolten61

Does anyone know what departments require additional vetting for extra security clearance? is it just for the Gards or would there be other departments that I could potentially be being considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Garda and department of justice i.e. courts service. Most likely Garda though as they were given the nod for 400 extra staff this year. What county you offered?

I've been assigned to AGS and have completed the first stage of enhanced vetting. Disclosure was viewed on 5th Jan and no update since then. I believe the next stage is submitting relatives details, can anyone who has been through this process clarify the information that is required? I have heard its names/addresses/DOB/Occupation of parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and unckes - living and deceased. Is this true? I have no idea where I will find DOB for some of my deceased relations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭VitreousLife

Are EOs paid fortnightly can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Courts Service, I think anything to do with the DoJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Information on relatives is not required. Just yourself and where you've lived etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Is it expected that a new EO open competition will be launched in the next few months?

Thank you. I've completed that but I heard the enhanced vetting is an additional level to include relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kolten61

Thanks for your insight. I was offered in Dublin. Any idea how long it takes for this extra clearance to come back usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭VitreousLife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CompetitonCandidate

Hi,

Hi

Did PAS give you any indication of how many candidates are placed in each batch specifically for Laois.

Just had interview last week for batch two and placed in the first ten on the panel for open and interdepartmental. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Hi Competitioncandidate,

They only indicated that 30 have been called from interview for Laois with 11 successful placements.

Well done on the interview,no other information. I don't in visage anymore people being called for interview, with numbers as low as this. Looks very like most departments have filed vanancies via eternal panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonsai3

Hey guys. New poster here. Great to have a community here like this to share and advise. I did an interview last week that I thought went well and just got an email saying I was in top 10 for my county (Galway) and that I was in batch 2.3. Does anyone know how many batches might be called before mine (if that's how it works) and how many people are in each batch? Also did I not do as good as I thought being in top 10 but only in batch 2.3? I assume 2.1 and 2.0 and 1.9 and 1.8 etc are all before me? I've been checking online all night and can't seem to find any clear answers on this. Appreciate any advice. Thanks and best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Guards or the courts, you will have access to sensitive info.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Sorry to derail the thread slightly, just wondering does anyone know if EO grade is due a a pay increase next month? I don't really understand the whole "sectoral bargaining fund" thing

Your county is working its way through batches, with rankings (referred to as OOM) initially based on the entrance tests, then etrays, and now the interview. You should contact them to find out when they expect to start making offers in your batch.

• Advertisement

That was in reply to Bonsai.

Advertisement