Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Responder [BBC]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭trashcan

Could be good. Looks like a very different part for Martin Freeman. When is it on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Airdate unknown. Any articles about that are just clickbait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on BBC 1 on Monday January 24th at 9pm

So, anyone watch this ? I enjoyed it. Thought Martin Freeman was terrific, really showing his range as an actor. Nice to see Ian Hart again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

I thought it was very dark, I will watch the second episode tonight but I dont know if I will stick with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I liked it. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭NinetyForNone

All episodes on the BBC iPlayer AFAIK if you can access it.

I have a VPN but I think I'll watch it week by week. Martin seems a strange choice for a role that's clearly written for Stephen Graham but he's very good and Graham is more the property of C4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

They have gone for an odd schedule for it. It continues tonight, and then the concluding 3 episodes are next Mon-Wed.

• Advertisement

Could imagine Stephen Graham in it alright, but Freeman is excellent, particularly as it’s so far away from the type of role he’s known for. It’s dark alright, but very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this repeated during the week by any chance??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Really enjoying it...

Thank for that.....i was looking forward to tuning in tonight @ 9 ffofor ep 3.

Think it's great.....Martin Freeman has it nailed down.

There really isn't anything new in there.....its all been done before....but great acting/ casting......from my experience of Liverpool/ Scouser accent it's fairly spot on.

Wasn’t that Sinbad from Brookside in the last night ? (The old lad with the sword). Barely recognised him, it was the voice that gave I away.

can someone please fill me in and give me a brief synopsis about this i missed the 1st episode only caught the last half of the second episode

heads up...reminder.. Its back on tonight @9.00 bbc1

*ignore my previous posts i'm now up to date and riveted, tis good!🙂

I sure am looking forward to BBC1 @ 9..... it's been ages since Mrs Mc Carthy & myself watched some quality series on terrestrial tv

Well.....if he was in a world of sxxt at start of episode......by the end he was in an even worse place

Sh1t has really hit the fan now.

Casey is more on the ball than you'd expect from a strung out junkie!

• Advertisement

yes Casey is not as dopey as we were led to believe

Poor Ol'Carl got snuffed, wonder is he dead though?😶

Was it just me or was the choice he made tonight (not going to spoiler it) a bit out of character of what we know of him so far ? I’m also not convinced by the storyline with the other cop, who just happens to have had an affair with his wife and is out to nail him. Also, they totally flipped Ian Hart tonight, from being the menacing bad guy to just some sort of low level player. However it has lots of good things about it, and Martin Freeman is brilliant in it.

^^^^^

yes, Ian Hart's character was a bit comical tonight...and his fuzzy hair kept me thinking of Harry Enfield's scousers "calm down calm down"

It was definitely a strange flip of character alright. Besides that I'm enjoying it. I wonder will he go back to try and save him? I thought the Doc was going to give him more than he bargained for with the rubber gloved hand😱😱

All he was missing was the ‘tash. And yeah, the doctor. A big time drug dealer ? Really ? ( who is she by the way ? Face and voice is very familiar ) I really liked the first two episodes, and I’ll see it out, but I can’t help feeling they pushed it too far.

Ok .....so predictions for the finale tommorow night??????

No idea how he's going to pull it off but I reckon he'll come out of the week smelling of roses.

Ray HAS to get his commupence.

Casey will end up in the funeral home.

I've really warmed to Rachael.............great acting.

Really enjoyed it so far........im guessing Chris is going to finish the week on a good note/ no idea how though

can't wait for tonight got an ache in my balls for it

wonder will he top himself? hope not...but someone's going to die, maybe Casey or the young lad😶

Post edited by fryup on

Well.....the ending was a bit 'wishy washy'..... an awful lot of loose ends there......way too many unanswered questions

Leaving it open for a second series ? It was a decent enough resolution I thought, though, again, they turned around the super villain doctor into just a go between for her criminal brother. Overall it was good though, and Freeman was a genuine revelation in it.

• Advertisement

That was a happier ending than I was expecting

Advertisement