Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Captur - Water in rear footwell

Options
  • 25-01-2022 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have found a puddle of water in the front and rear footwells on the passenger side of our Renault Captur.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can point me in the direction of a solution that worked for them.

It's a 181 reg car.

Any useful feedback would be appreciated.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @Gumboot22 welcome to Boards. I've moved your query to the Motors forum where you should get some help or advice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

It may be that some drainage channels are blocked. Check for leaves blown into the area in front of the windscreen.

Another possibility is door seal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 top floor

Several possibilities.

1 Drainage channels blocked either flowing down from the windscreen area, or from the back window down either side of the boot opening.

2 Bad seal around a radio ariel or other attachment.

3 Given where the water is its possible that there is damage to the door seal thats supposed to keep out water flowing down from the roof. Also in some models there may be a channel or membrane inside the door that is supposed to channel water downwards and outwards to small holes at the bottom of the door but that can get torn. I had a leak fixed when that was repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Blocked scuttle drains are the first place to look as you can see if these are blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 top floor

Easy enough to clean with an unwound clothes hanger if there is just leaves or gunge. Pour a bottle of water down from the top and see does it pour down to the ground through the channels..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

sometimes aircon drain can get blocked or check if its still on its factory windscreen ,

could be a bad fitment on a replacement or i see lately a lot of cars have a bit of plastic trim around the screen that is not supposed to be reused but replaced while getting a new windscreen which can also lead to a leak if reused.

Advertisement