Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop component

Options
  • 30-11-2021 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Move if not suitable. I was wondering does anyone know where to get a component for a laptop. I think it's called the little bezel where you press to open the DVD/CD drive. The make and model is HP 17-j130ea

Comments

eBay is your best bet but unlikely to sell just that bit alone

Mary have to buy the whole drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It would be simpler just to buy a replacement drive on ebay make sure its from. The same model no eg hp 17 etc as it will need to be the identical. Size to fit in the laptop I think you mean the bezel with the button you press to open the drive there might be an app or trick to open the drive eg right click eject disk etc it's a long time since I used a Windows laptop

You should be able to right click drive d or drive É eg cdrom drive hp

Eg right click drive é, click Eject disk without pressing the button on the drive

Presuming the drive is not stuck or jammed

Like I click my computer drive É, eject to safely remove my USB drive when using my pc

No harm in trying it takes maybe 3 to 5 seconds or Google eject disk cdrom hp laptop to see more info

DVD could be labelled D or drive E in start menu My computer

Drive C is the main windows hardrive in all pcs and laptops

I'm. Presuming the drive is working OK normally reads cds it's just the eject physical button is not working

If there's a disc in the drive you cannot get out then there's an 'emergency eject' mechanism ... somewhere on the front of the drive, under the tray, will be a little hole. Judicious juggling of a straightened paper clip will usually move the caddy enough so you can pull it open - with the machine powered off, of course.

No laptop to check but every desktop I've seen has this hole.

https://www.watchingthenet.com/eject-cd-after-you-have-shut-the-power-off-on-your-pc.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Timfy

Easier to just replace the whole drive assembly. A quick google for "HP 17-j130ea DVD drive" brings up plenty of clean examples, from €6 onwards.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement