Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

No,you implicitly implied law breaking and from FG arising out of this episode going forward

Utterly ridiculous, like all the other repetition

There in black and white

Game is up on that

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,452 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A load of posts deleted

If you cannot be civil, do not post

If you cannot debate in a constructive manner, do not post

If you cannot keep on topic, do not post

If you cannot pay attention to these simple instructions I will prevent you from posting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Indeed. Who would enter into a private negotiation for a state contract with a government containing the like of Varadkar who will leak to the very people neither you nor the government wanted involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

But there has been nothing proved that Leo Leaks any contracts.

But can you answer this Question what did Leo become in 2010?

Post edited by dasa29 on

It was a negotiation document I believe. You must admit the excuses keep changing. First it was a published document. Then it wasn't a government document at all. Then it was a done deal. Now you're saying it wasn't a contract. All I know is he leaked a document to his friend the head of the NAGP, after both parties, the IMO and government said they didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. As per Varadkar himself.

Mayor McCheese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

Being utterly cynical, it would not be surprising if this was an attempt by Varadkar to get ahead of the story (maybe there is movement on the criminal investigation into Varadkar's leaking that document to his friend and a decision will be made soon).

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The government never said that they didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. In fact, they said the opposite, that it was the IMO preventing the NAGP being involved (as trade unions do) and the government wanted all GPs to sign up. That has been said many many times by government figures, has been pointed out repeatedly on this thread.

If Varadkar has said that the government didn't wish to have all GPs sign up, you will be able to produce the direct quotation.

This latest angle re the contract is hilarious

Note they ignore any fact you point out and 3 or 4 days later raise the same debunked point again with a straight face

Only 2 types do that

The extremely unhealthily obsessed or those paid to do it

Leo Varadjar said the government didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. I posted the article and direct quote.

Here's one I found:

Rivalry [between the IMO and the NAGP] was often bitter and it made it hard to reach agreements. The NAGP wanted to be at the table but the government decided to negotiate with the IMO alone. 

second or third time I stated this and gave proof. Please be so kind as to make a note.

So are you lying or Leo? I assume you've proof of your claim?

Ok,

Let us look at what exactly what is going on here. This is what you are claiming:

Leo Varadjar said the government didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. I posted the article and direct quote.

Let us note that you claim that this is a direct quote. Here is what you use to back it up:

Rivalry [between the IMO and the NAGP] was often bitter and it made it hard to reach agreements. The NAGP wanted to be at the table but the government decided to negotiate with the IMO alone. 

THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT QUOTES

Now, apologies for shouting, but you have exasperated a number of posters with this. Varadkar did not say that the government didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. He implied clearly that the government wanted both of them at the table, but that the rivalry made that difficult so the government had to decide to negotiate with the IMO alone. That is completely different to the false claim that you have repeatedly made that the government didn't wish to have the NAGP involved. Now here is the Dail record on the day:

"Rivalry between the organisations was often bitter; it made agreement harder to achieve and held back progress. The NAGP wanted to be at the table. Some GPs were members of both organisations and some were members of neither. Ultimately, the Government decided to deal with the IMO alone, as its long-standing negotiating partner and Irish Congress of Trade Unions, ICTU, affiliate. The Opposition was very critical of this at the time.

We committed, however, to keep the NAGP engaged, involved and informed as to the progress and outcome of negotiations. The then Minister for Health, Deputy Harris, informed the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Health in February 2019 that while negotiations were with the IMO, "there was a role for the NAGP to play in terms of being consulted and involved". In fact, in a Government memorandum at the start of the talks process in March 2018 the Cabinet was informed that there would be "formal consultation" with the NAGP."

It is 100% clear that the government wanted the opposite of what you said that they wanted. They wanted the NAGP involved, they wanted formal consultation with them.

For the last time, please stop peddling lies. Apologies for once again handing your ass to you again, but on this occasion it is fully deserved. You have lied about what Varadkar has said, you have misrepresented what the government wanted, and you have kept doing it, no matter how many times the correct information has been posted.

• Advertisement

Can you please stop speaking for numerous posters? Its a dishonest attempt at adding weight to your opinions.

They aren't even two quotes. One is me speaking on the quote from Varadkar.

Implied my hole. I quoted the man, you are mansplaining to suit yourself.

How on earth did I lie about what he said by quoting him? Unbelievable.

The dishonesty off you is too much. Are we to believe you had complied all your pedantic effort at disputing my direct quote in mere moments? You knew well I had supplied that quote and scoured the web in trying to get up to some kind of showmanship and razzle dazzle. Instead of 'handing me my arse' you made one of yourself.

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

He wasn't really a friend though was he, more like an acquaintance..

I still cant believe people are still talking about this almost 18 months on when nothing new has transpired since..... but got to keep 'busy'.

In fairness Brucie, your posts on this topic have been all over the place. Posters have politely spent time and effort to go through it with you point by point, and you show little courtesy in return. At this stage I have no idea what your salient point is anymore.

People like yourself keep changing what happened so it's kinda new, right? As I mentioned to one of your colleagues the other week, you'll see I respond rather than revive.

You are not adding anything except having a go.

So what is your salient point?

Sum it up in one sentence and maybe be done?

Leo Varadkar leaked a confidential negotiation document to his friend, upon his friends request. His friend was the head of a rival union not invited to those negotiations. Varadkar knew this when he slipped it.

That's it. The coalition showed their colours by letting him away without any accountability.

I only revisit this when people like yourself come in here spinning yarns.

I'll post as often as I like.

Ah yes, I see you have withdrawn the allegation that the government didn't want the NAGP involved in the discussions after I clarified it for you earlier. You revisit this to change your position everytime it is exposed.

Leo Varadkar leaked a confidential negotiation document to his friend, upon his friends request. His friend was the head of a rival union not invited to those negotiations. Varadkar knew this when he slipped it.

Ok, so we have a few errors here.

1. It was a contract, not a negotiation document

2. He was an acquaintance more so than a friend. I know you like to push the idea they were really close buddies, but they weren't..

Anyway, if that is all you have, then why spend hours trying to beat that drum? You are entitled to your views, even though they are factually wrong, but whatever...

Well, actually, I sent two emails during the ten minutes it took me to respond to you. I can multitask at speed, and a look at the date of the article and a very very quick google search located the exact Varadkar quotes that showed you were lying about the Government not wanting NAGP in the discussion.

No I have not. I told you days ago Leo Varadkar said the government didn't want the NAGP involved. As per a direct quote from the man. If he was wrong or lying, thats his problem.

You are arguing nonsense you tried to crowbar in. I'm embarrassed for you.

• Advertisement

Tell the media Mark. All my info was from news reports.

I think you are adding your own colour. How on earth can I stop responding to people posting such porkie pies Mark?

I'm not buying it. You forgot my posting it twice and you engaging it, then found the best effort you could at making varadkar out to be a liar to defend Varadkar leaking. Yikes.

I am laughing out loud now. It was all explained in my post earlier that the government did want the NAGP involved, with direct quotes from Varadkar in the Dail, with verified links to his actual words, as opposed to what you imagined he said.

People are posting actual links to the Dail debate where the words were actually said.

You are misreading the news articles that misquoted Leo and tell the people who posted actual links to the Dail debate that they are telling lies. You couldn't make this up for a comedy movie.

You trying to prove reverse vampires is cool and all but its not proof of your opinions. Convenient opinion for defending the leak.

If Varadkar lied, he lied. Talk to him. I got my info off him. I quoted him and provided the article. Your translation doesn't come into it.

Say what? Your posts are getting more bizarre by the minute!!! Now I made Varadkar out to be a liar because he told the Dail that the government wanted the NAGP involved, which happens to be the exact debate that the Independent was reporting on, but you misunderstood and misquoted the reference in the Independent article, and are still doing so in an effort to save face!!!!

This is so so funny.

Yes, the info was in the news reports and those reports clearly state that your summary of the situation is wrong.... but as I said, you are entitled to be wrong if you so choose.

You didn't quote Varadkar. You quoted a newspaper article which selectively quoted Varadkar and you misrepresented what he said as something more. When I went back to the original source - the Dail debate - it was clear that you had made an ass of yourself. Varadkar never ever said that the government didn't want the NAGP involved.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,452 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stick to discussing the topic, not each other

• Advertisement

Varadkar or the paper is your problem my friend. 'Fake news' now is it? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement