Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short cycling holiday - Majorca?

Options
  • 23-01-2022 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I’ve been thinking of going on a cycling holiday for a few days for ages and now that Covid is less of a hassle, Im just starting to look around. Basically I’m after 3-4 nights somewhere sunny with good roads where I can rent a road bike and base myself in one place for the duration.

Does anyone have recommendations for packages or companies that do this? I’d happily go anywhere where the flights are cheap and easy from Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Majorca is excellent, Dublin to Palma and if possible stay in port de pollenca, rent a bike in the town as loads of shops there and you are central for all the good routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Yep, you've basically just described Mallorca's raison d'être.

Ryanair/aerlingus flight, cheap hotel on Booking.com, and any of the multitude of bike rental places will sort you out with a bike.

For better / hotter weather earlier in the year then you any of the Canaries do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

book flight

Book Duva Hotel

Book bike from Duva hotel

job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Magnificent 😁 Roughly how much am I looking at for a road bike per day there? Just working out budgets. I reckon €250 for flights, €500 for accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Last time I was there €170 got you very a usable Merida clone for a week. No complaints about about frame or wheels and all were shod with GP4000s.

Think they rent disc equipped Cubes mostly now.

www.huerzeler.com

Edit: Seems to be a bit cheaper now. Just checked a quote for €125 for a carbon cube for a week. Hard to go wrong with that.

Post edited by MojoMaker on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭billyhead

How many nights you planning to stay and are you traveling solo? 500 for 3 or 4 nights sounds expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

4 nights most likely I think and probably 2 of us hoping to go!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Girona is a great spot for a few days too, and cheap to fly to most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Treat yourself! Rent a Dogma F Di2 etc. it’s only €100 per day! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Advertisement
Advertisement