Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charger grant and house move

Options
  • 22-01-2022 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We've got a Zappi charger which we received the SEAI grant for with our current house and current car.

Now we are looking at moving house. The new house does not have a charger.

Can we get the grant again on the new house, with the same car?

Alternatively, if we took the Zappi with us and got electrician to re-install in the new house, do we void new owner from getting a grant on a 'replacement' charger given that existing property was already associated with a grant, albeit with a different owner?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd go for new install and new house and if buyer of your house wants it then I'd leave it, also would apply for grant.

Can't see any issue with new house/other half/same car combination from a grant perspective

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

do we void new owner from getting a grant on a 'replacement' charger given that existing property was already associated with a grant

i think that is the case. The grant is tied to the MPRN of the house so next owner would get no grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, I think that's a major flaw with the grant. Say the previous home owner/grant recipient decides to sell the charger or bring it with them as is their right, the new home owner is left unable to claim the grant for a replacement. It's very unfair.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭handpref

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, you can get the grant on the new house. One grant per MPRN so your fine. I’ve done it a few times now.

If you take your old charger, you stop the new owners from getting the grant but, you will be leaving the cabling etc in place so leave it boxed off with an outdoor socket or something, leave a note to say it’s wired for a charger and they simply have to get a sparks or competent person to connect the charger to the end of the cable and they will loose nothing. What they save on just having to buy the charger will counter the grant payment anyway. Or there about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement