Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Bad day to be a tin foil hatter. The silence is deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just like

Although his yarn is actually the epitome of plausibility next to Gortanna's and the other...suspects...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

On a personal level, I think its fantastic that I might be able to visit a restaurant, pub, cinema, or hotel even in the near future after what seems like absolutely ages. But its amazing what 'freedom' looks like to Irish people now, look what they have kept back:

"A number of public health regulations will remain in place until they are reviewed on 28 February - this includes the wearing of masks in certain settings as follows:

Public transport, taxis and at stations/airports/ports

Retail premises (including shopping centres, libraries, cinemas, theatres, museums, post offices, banks)

Public offices and premises providing specified services and businesses (including salons, hairdressers, travel agents, laundries, dry cleaners, bookmakers)

Customer facing roles in premises where food and beverages are sold for consumption on the premises

Schools and childcare

Protective measures in schools and early learning and care facilities - such as the wearing of masks - will remain in place until at least 28 February when public health regulations will be reviewed.

Minister for Children, Roderic O'Gorman, said the current position is that early learning and childcare services should continue to operate under the sectoral guidance, with play-pods remaining a key feature.

"This approach is in line with schools and is in effect until 28 February."

The Digital Covid Cert and Passenger Locator Form will remain in place for the time-being.

From 1 February, for travel purposes, the Digital Covid Cert based on primary vaccination only will expire after 270 days (nine months).

An updated DCC can be obtained for those who have received a booster dose and can be accessed through the self service HSE portal."

( https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2022/0121/1275151-covid-ireland-latest/ )

If they aren't abolished now, the vaccine passport, which includes enormous restrictions on foreign travel, and masks, then when will these ever go?

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

If you don't wish to restrict your breathing, and hold onto toxins that your lungs were trying to expel, by wearing a mask, then you can go virtually nowhere in Ireland, by law, according to the above list. Is that not a restriction on your freedom? As is the bar on foreign travel which is in practice still there because the vaccine passport is there.

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Advertisement

Masks do not restrict breathing. That was debunked almost 2 years ago. You can’t enter many countries without vaccines for various diseases. It really is not a restriction. I’ve many vaccines due to travel. Travel is a choice, you don’t have to travel. It’s not a necessity. Breathing is a necessity and pd what you say about masks is bollix.

Ah stop. You'll be like one of those Japanese fellas found on a Pacific island 30 years after the war ended

Post edited by Pinch Flat on

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

This time six months it will be 'they want you to stop wearing masks so they can resume poisoning you with chemtrails'.

Ah yeah I'm looking forward to getting back to the bread and butter tin foil hat stuff - chemtrails, flat earth, fake moon landings, battery operated birds and 911. All the crackpot shyte we got to love before covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

So @brianhere will you finally admit you were wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If they aren't abolished now, masks, then when will these ever go?

From your own post

A number of public health regulations will remain in place until they are reviewed on 28 February

So I suppose you can keep making the 'argument' that the masks are permanent until then? Would that be enough to make us 'boiling frogs'? Strangulated ones maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Yep, the government have kept the right to reimpose restrictions if required until the end of February I think. Good to see them lifted. I always thought Masks would be kept for some time though. The vaccine pastport gone locally is surprise.

You’d probably be giving out if the government spent a number of weeks writing laws, getting them reviewed by the attorney general, debating, voting, and getting the president to sign a law to change the existing one, all for a couple of weeks. It’s easier, cheaper and time better spent by letting the existing law expire at the end of February.

Firstly, provide proof to back this.... Go on, some actual proof. Secondly you mentioned that you will finally be able to go to cinemas and restaurants. I've been to restaurants and cinemas multiple times in last few months. Restaurants even allowed people to dine outside if unvaccinated.

In relation to travel, countries have had vaccine restrictions for decades. Equally restrictions such as visa requirements etc have applied.

It's almost as if every topic from Tuam to the great reset to permanent restrictions are ill informed nonsense that you wrap up as Kindle books for the gullible. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Frantically googling for a country that hasn't lifted any restrictions so they can point and go "aha see <insert country> still have restrictions in place" so clearly they are still permanent even if no where near Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Even before masks you could be denied entry to a premises.

Even before vaccine certificates you could be denied entry to a foreign country. So explain to me what new restrictions have been imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Vaccine passport were here long before Covid and will be here long after. As for mask an explanation I saw was when you decide to go to a pub, club, concert etc you go knowing however people who maybe not be able to be vaccinated or in risk groups have to go to school public transport work if they are to live so that is why they are staying for now. The only place they may stay is in GP or clinical settings

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

In stock now at all good retail stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Buzzer, do you have any comment or reaction to the fact that your conspiracy theories have just failed completely?

Why ate you posting this stupid meme you're stealing from someone's Twitter? What do you hope to accomplish with it?

It only serves to make you look pathetically desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What you are claiming about masks is complete nonsense and lies.

They don't restrict breathing and "holding onto toxins" is gibberish.

You and your buddies have had 350 pages and two years to explain your theory and tell us why masks are going to be permanent. You have never been able to do that. You can't now.

And as I predicted you are desperately trying to cling to the idea of masks so you don't have to acknowledge or think about any of the things you got wrong.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

vaccine passport doesn't put huge restrictions on travel, you can enter any country with a test or proof of covid recovery.. no vaccine needed

are there additional measures thereafter when you enter, yes, in some countries there are, but again, it's to supress a pandemic

some countries have even stopped looking

like @Gortanna , you are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

matches the one on the back of your pants... "Believers only, enter here"

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah good man buzz buzz...

Thanks for posting to confirm you are the fool that you have made yourself out to be.

All you CTers who posted in here look so stupid today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit.... quiet here today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They'll be back, with a new twist. The virus could spike, a new variant could cause some measures to temporarily return, they'll always find an angle. Or just deflect onto something entirely new.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

In genuinely sad news, Im seeing a lot of conspiraloons coming out with "we won".

Imagine being that much of a cretin.

Reminded of how the current affairs forum lost a load of posters when Donald Trump lost.... Money on a load of posters disappearing and new ones surfacing that haven't got the credibility gap yet.

• Advertisement

Seeing how many of them died for the cause so far during the pandemic, I’m sure they’re in for the Darwin Award. I didn’t hear the winner announcement but then again I’m sure conspiracy theorists have some secret inside knowledge about the competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement