Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

Hi all, I got notified that I'm 12th on OOM for Limerick after (somehow) passing the stage 2 personal video thingy. Kerry is easily my preferred location though, to the point that I wouldn't even take Limerick if offered.

If the final interview comes up before I get my OOM for Kerry, would that mean I am only eligible for Limerick (if I did happen to pass the interview of course)... or can I just turn it down and if Kerry reach me, they reach me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 usweeney

Hi there, do u know what stage 3 is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onlydaughter30

HI I have my final interview for Batch 3 Laois/Limerick in a few weeks, it is a zoom interview and presentation over zoom.

for the person asking about SWY if you get promoted if your new manager doesnt agree to let you take it they will refund what you have paid in.

I hope you did well. i have been called now for Laois/Limerick. Limerick result out last week so i would imagine its more for he Limerick region. I am dreading all the preparation now...

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

AFAIK - you'll get a refund it might take aaaaages though. No SWY for probationers. You might be able to push back your appointment until after your SWY ends but that would still lead to a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 missy_t

Thanks for that. Not ideal as I usually use the time off for childcare but hopefully I'll be able to take some parental leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Char0501

I actually didn't get a oom for laois option but reached 1 for my second choice just before xmas. I received an email from pas last week to say I'm under consideration to go on panel for my second choice should I wish to be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shi_1987

I've just been called for Stage 3 Interview and Presentation for Offaly/Westmeath.

Any advise on what to expect would be great for the presentation or what type of questions they may ask after? From reading the threads I can see that it's a very tough competency based interview, with questions on civil service values & the panel asking some curve ball questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lateron

I have my interview and presentation next week. Do I need to have my presentation off by heart ot can I read it from notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How long does it generally take to get results of stage 3 final interview.

• Advertisement

Hey, i am not sure. but you can email them at the address you issued your presentation/slides to and ask.

i emailed them the other day to find out what batch they were on in my locations.. they said they would get back to me.

they never mind. same when i was waiting for my EO...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ofranc tayh

Hi,

Not sure how long results will take, I just did my Interview and presentation last week for either Laois (I think) what county was yours for.

Fingers crossed for good results.

I emailed this morning and was told 'We expect the results to issue at the end of the month'.

This is the last week of the month, with this day next week being the last day of the month.

Has anyone else emailed to find out?

Can i just wish you all the best of luck... some of us seem to be for the same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxy1987

Hi guys - i emailed yest also and they said end of next week so who knows - but then again we are used to the waiting game by now :)

The wait is horrendous we just want to know how bad/great we did, hopefully the latter... 3 weeks preparing, stressing, no sleep and now waiting for results. then when we do find out we wait again to see if were lucky enough to get a position...

I know it’s a terribly long process but hopefully we get through it as I don’t know if I want to go through the stress and wait again anytime soon! It’s always on the back of your mind even when you try and forget about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have been let down twice in HEO competitions recently and it really stings.

If I don't again I will remember it is not a personal slight against me, it is just the best yet flawed process there is to promote people.

Good luck all.

i know its not personal. but i feel like the majority of people have worked their way up to this point, to even feel confident enough to apply, and then i know the amount of time and effort i put into it. I had my home office full of material that i read every morning with my cup of tea, i had my other half ask me questions every night, i presented to a number of my friends. I eat, slept and dreamt that interview, and as you all know we did exams and a prelim to get to the final. i didnt even want to apply, i knew i had to but just knew it would soak up so much energy. Even the prep i put into my application form. Anyway i really do wish you all the very best...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Hi all,

I have gotten my start date as early March - just wondering how pay works out. I know HEOs are paid monthly but will a month in hand have to be worked? I was stung bad when promoted to EO and was without pay over Christmas so trying to prepare for the worst!...TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 missy_t

Pretty sure HEOs are paid fortnightly, the same as EOs.

I've got my start date too- excited to get started 🤗

Still no stage three results! has anyone contacted them this week about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Resu eman

Did my interview and presentation last Friday, results are out for me. Delighted to have passed and placed higher than I ever could have expected. Good luck to everyone getting their results.

Got my results for one location... so thrilled... cant believe it...

Congratulations everyone. I placed well for my chosen location and am delighted.

A long process for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭2021_AP

HEOs are paid fortnightly on the same day as EOs. When I was promoted there was no gap in pay at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

*Nevermind!

Post edited by BlondeBomb on

Hey, anyone know when the interviews are taking place for Limerick? I know they have been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

What was the process like for interdepartmental HEO? Was there a presentation, and how difficult is that to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Thanks..some good advise here.

Advertisement