Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Japanese import to Ireland VIN number

Options
  • 19-01-2022 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone, hope it's ok to post this here. This is kind of a long story so bear with me. I bought a second hand car last year from a second hand dealership. It's a nissan micra. Everything has been fine until a few weeks ago when my yellow check engine light came on. I brought it to a mechanic, he said he needs to do a diagnostic. For this he needs my vin number, I hand him a document that states my vin number but he said the number isn't long enough. My number is about 9 digits long but a vin is 17 digits, so he can't run the diagnostics. The car is an import, I'm not sure the country of origin, I think it might be Japan, but the vin numbers starts with K if that makes any difference. I should mention there is no number at all on the lower of the windshield, I mentioned this to a car enthusiast friend of mine and he seems very concerned for me. I rang the guy I got the car from and he seems really confused, and unsure what to do. He told me to bring it to a nissan dealership which I will, but I have talked to them on the phone and they also seem unsure what to do.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to figure out my vin number? I am so lost, this is my first car and keep hitting dead ends, please help :(

Comments

Advertisement