Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigala Cycling?

Options
  • 19-01-2022 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

I've seen a handful of mentions of these in the forum, and they seem to have good prices. I'm in the market for a power meter and they're a fraction cheaper than Mantel. I can't figure out if they're an Irish company, or a front for an Italian operation (that just sounds wrong but I'll let it stand!), but I'm wondering if it's a case of the prices being too good to be true as there's not a lot of mention of them. If they're Irish, I'd prefer to support a local company

Anybody got experience of them, good, bad, or indifferent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

He is an Italian cyclist living in Ireland. Totally reputable. I've given him plenty of business for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

While I haven't used the shop, he's definitely based in Ireland. Does coaching, trips and clothing as well as the shop!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I bought my powermeter from him, reasonable price, a local racer and was here in a few days without hassle. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭JMcL

Great stuff, thanks everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

+1 Got my assioma pedals from him. A well known Italian cyclist/coach living in Ireland. Won the A1 cat overall in 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

I bought a powermeter from him too. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

He gave me a voucher lst year for a fundraiser. it was very nice of him.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Won all around him in grand fondos Italy last august/winter.

machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I bought my Assioma PM from Matteo. Arrived promptly and hassle free. Great service and nice to give business to someone so involved in the cycling community here.

Advertisement