Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cervelo s5 or Canyon Aeroad slx cf8

• 17-01-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi

Looking at both these bike, both di2. Which is the best bike.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can't really comment as I have ridden neither and I am sure both are great bikes if looking for that type. Canyon Aeroad has had a few issues (seatpost and handlebars) which have taken a long time to sort out but might just about be fixed now.

If I were to take my club at least, there are always quite a few Canyon's including Aeroads but the Cervelo would likely be a bit more of a rarity if that appeals to you.

On the other hand the Aeroad seems to be a 5k bike, the S5 a 9k bike. I know which one I would be going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Thanks, i should have mentioned both are used bikes and cost the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Both great bikes. You wouldn't be disappointed with either. So I'd be making a decision on the two specific bikes. Which one is in better condition, which one has the better spec.

One thing to be wary off with S5's, depending on how old they are, is the tyre clearance can be very tight which limits what aero wheels you can use. All recent modern wheelsets seem to be gone wide-rimmed to cater for ever-widening tyre trends and may not work with an S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

All things equal then if it were me I'd probably go for the Cervélo. But all things are rarely equal when it comes to age, condition, use etc

Who is willing to take your money and send you out a bike this week!!! I bet it's not Canyon..... /checks. Yeah Aeroad CF SLX 8 Disc Di2 coming soon in all sizes.

Personal opinion is the Canyon is a nice spec and price but it's not a pretty bike, specifically how the saddle and bars look and integrate with the rest of the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭joey100

Both bikes have had issues if it's the newer versions of both.

Aeroad has had issues with seat post and bars and from what I can find online Canyon still seem to be going through orders to get the issues sorted.

Newer Cervelo S5 uses a proprietary stem and bars. How long will they support it for, who knows. There has also been some issues around the steerer tube and the way they put in a type of steering lock. If you google Cervelo S5 issues you will probably see it.

If it's the older version they are both great bikes, but sizing would be little different between them, Canyon for equivalent size would be fair bit longer reach. Get the one that fits you the best, you won't be giving up any performance between the bikes.

Advertisement