Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2022 (BBC / Eurosport)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

The two shots Williams played to give away the snookers were really poor, both were the wrong shot, i think his head was gone at that stage. How did he lose that last frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Willo threw it away alright. Could see the foul on the swerve unfolding even before it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great break, that shot on the pink was not easy at all.

Hawkins had Trump in big trouble at 4-2, he’s been very sloppy since, Hawkins needs the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What happened to forfeiting a frame if you miss a third time??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

That’s only if you can hit the full ball. If you’re snookered on a colour or all reds, that rule doesn’t come into play

nothing.. unless you're not snookered, and can clearly hit the object ball.. If snookered, and ref calls a 'miss' ; then a player can miss as often as he wants (not that he wants to)....,

Fair play to anyone that can say 'baulk' ; without omitting the "L'' sound , or giving it too much emphasis 😄

Meanwhile - MON BAZZA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

2nd bite Barry...it's now or never

• Advertisement

Fantastic for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I don't normally route for anyone in particular but I was willing him over the line here, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Any1 else think trumps tip sounds funny 6/7 times I've heard a mis cue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Certainly will support him against Robertson. Might be his year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hawkins seemed very nervy. Strange shot selections/positioning but got over the line.

Fair play to him.

I thought Trump's shots in that last frame sounded odd on contact. Was it the way he was cueing or was it his tip?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I thought that too, was expecting the commentators to mention a miscue but they never did. Trumps safety was very poor several times when he needed it most.

Fair play to Barry..

65 up with 4 reds left... was half expecting a celebration after he potted the 4th last red.. was surely over then regardless 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Someone should tell that European presenter that it's okay to go to the barbers now, that covid restriction has been lifted. Plus it's making Hawkins feel uncomfortable.

Four left handers in the semis of a major snooker comp for the first time.. Someone somewhere is trying to spin this with a diversity and inclusivity angle 😁

None of the four who featured numbered anyone from any of the East Asian, South Asian or Persian Gulf regions, nor indeed did any Person of colour partake ; plus they most likely all identify as male and hetero.. Still, it's a start - a move in the right correct direction, if you will 😂

Definitely! Through the whole game.

Was going to post about it during the match but never got around to it. Sounded very odd indeed.

Fair play to Barry in that final frame, he held his nerve well. Delighted for him! Seems like a genuinely nice character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yep, definitely sounded dodgy on a couple of consecutive shots near the end but shots looked okay and no reaction from Trump so assume it was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Don't mind either finalist winning now, both unassuming and very good players.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I will be shouting for Hawkins - well over 20 years a pro.

He only has the 3 ranking titles to his name -

Australian Open 2012 , Players Championship 2014 and World Grand Prix 2017.

Obviously got to a world final against Ronnie in 2013.

Would be nice to see him land his first major.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Come on Barry son, let’s see a bit of killer instinct today. Would you kill your granny? That’s the question you need to ask yourself!

deja vu anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Not a classic frame by any means but Barry will be happy nonetheless. Hope he comes out on top today.

On the Eurosport mid-session interval piece, with Casey talking to Ms Bosilhova, over the obligatory takeaway coffees 😊

Rachel didn't ask Desi the most pre-eminent and fundamental question/s; the one/s that supersede even the rules of the game, managing the crowds, talking to the spotter who decides where the balls should be replaced, and indeed anything snooker related..

Don't think I ever see them take a drink of water, but, even so; with some sessions lasting up to 7 frames (?) without a break, and often for over 3 hours, with players often nipping to t'lav between frames; how on earth do we never see the ref venture off for a 'comfort break' ?

Or maybe I'm one of the few who ponders such things 😁

Very scrappy a lot of this match early doors.. and the 'underdog' 'Bazza' looking good to take a lead here.... possibly...

10 minutes ago Barry missed frame ball to pull 3-2 ahead, and now he's on the cusp of going 4-2 down,,,,, but, he's got a chance.. Mon Bazz 😊

• Advertisement

Not to be..... he needs to pull himself up sharpish or this game will run away from him.....

Advertisement