Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It didn't take them six decades. Scientists had the data. It was ignored. Just like you are ignoring the data.

And yes I see your links. They mean absolutely nothing. Big pharma is beholden to shareholders and in the US their marketing departments can do that but in Europe and most of the rest of the world you are protected from that.

But that's besides the point. When I'm talking about scientists I'm not talking about big pharma, I'm talking about independent academics and their groups that are under the scrutiny of peer review. They've all the information you need that the vaccines are safe and it's been peer reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And what was the risk after infection by covid?

Of the people that were effected how many people died?

How do you think that the link between smoking and cancer was actually established and supported in the first place?

The context you are leaving out is that the push back from the tobacco industry wasn't in the form of peer reviewed studies.

You're claiming that data was manufactured and then forced through peer review. Do you have a specific example of this?

You've been shown to be a bit of a liar and prone to making up stories that you will later backtrack on when challenged. I think this might be another example of this.

Hi sorry mate. Are you going to be addressing any of the points made about your last link before you throw another down?

Specifically I asked you how does the number of incidents linked with the vaccine compare to the number of incidents linked with the virus.

Dohnjoe pointed out that 40 in a million people will develop those issues compared to (at maximum) 16 in a million in those who get fully vaccinated.

This seems to imply that the vaccines are much safer than catching the virus even before considering all of the other dangers if catching covid.

Do you agree with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Yep, the inconvenient truth is coming out into the sunlight leaving all the sceptics in this forum with a permanent bout of redface. Truly embarrassing for them.

Just thought of this farcical conspiracy forum after reading this thread on people's opinions on getting their 5-11 year olds vaccinated. Just thought I'd come over and post a link to it. "Dangerious Conspiracy Threads" are now making their way into the conventional forums on boards. If any of you were any good you would go over there now and "STop the DAngrious Misinformation!!" before it's too late....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Apology accepted.

So what is the bar of evidence you need? There is little point going further really until that is know. Anyway what do you expect from me? The safety of covid vaccinations isn't going to be know for several decades likely so I'm just posting some literature. Didn't really imply anything except that the Oxford University scientists are conspiracy theorists.

Also this is just one signal of one adverse effect, there are plenty more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think you'll find that it was the peer review process that showed up that the papers funded by the tobacco industry were fraudulent and exposed them.

The rest of your comment shows you have no idea how independent scientific research is carried out. It's mostly small research groups in universities publishing their work and it's up to the regulatory bodies to form opinions based on the published data. The issues come when that data is suppressed, ignored or misunderstood by bad actors like corrupt governments or conspiracy theorists pushing a non evidence based agenda.

That's the thing with independent peer review. You can say what you want and try and publish what you want but unlike silly conspiracy theories what you try to publish is under scrutiny from dozens of independent academic groups and also under scrutiny for how repeatable experiments are or the legitimacy of the data under repeat analysis. It's why Andrew Wakefield's bullshit paper about the link between autism and vaccines was exposed for the fraud it was and the same process how the tobacco industries smoke screen papers were shown to be fraudulent.

But you didn't answer my question.

The study you posted actually states that while the vaccine slightly increases the incidents of myocradia (from one in a million to 16 in a million at most), covid increases the number of incidents to 40 in a million.

Do you agree with these numbers?

Does this show that the vaccine is safer than catching covid even before considering the other dangers of covid?

I'm not disagreeing with the study or calling the authors of being conspiracy theorists. I'm pointing out that you are misrepresenting what the study actually shows.

We can get to your other points and claimed evidence once we deal with this first.

But I think you are trying to deflect from this study now it's clear that it doesn't really support what you're claiming.

Again man, you have claimed that the space program is fake. You were caught out trying to fake a picture in a botched attempt to try and defend that position.

The only red faces are on your fellow conspiracy theorists who really wish you wouldn't post and associate yourself and your wild beliefs with them and theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Anne McCloskey is right. It's a disgrace to the people of Shantallow and Derry that she has been mistreated like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

It was provided for you here:

So could you please answer my question now please.

Which puts you at a greater risk of myocarditis, the vaccines or the virus?

The studies show that it's the virus.

OK. So you guys all agree with her and believe her claims.

Unfortunately however, that's doesn't match with reality.

What she claims isn't true and are in fact silly conspiracy theories. They are misinformation.

Doctors shouldn't be spreading misinformation.

Well that's absolute nonsense. It needs to be peer reviewed to be published and then is under constant peer review so how could it have been late on something already published. Lobby groups could only influence the papers and other media channels, not peer review and in this case the issue was the actual science being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Another fantastic piece of "critical thinking". Where are you getting "the 1980s" from here?

The link between cancer and smoking was shown and publicised, originally, by German scientists in the late 20s and in fact led to an anti-smoking campaign. There was then some...unpleasantness, so nothing much came of it until the late 1940s.

The link was well-known and publicised in the 1950s. In 1964 the US surgeon general issued a definitive report linking smoking and lung cancer.

I wonder whether you ever read anything other than CT nonsense.

Dude. It needs to be peer reviewed before it's published. The fact that it got published means it was peer reviewed.

The fact that you are asking for some peer review 'article' means that you have a complete lack of understanding of what peer review actually is. What it means is that the paper was studied by a group of independent experts in the field how looked over the paper and determined if the data was legit and also asked for corrects or more work if they weren't satisfied. If they are then satisfied that it all looks good it gets published. It's then under constant peer review from people working with this data to carry out their own tests and experiments that either back it up or find flaw in it.

So if you want back up of peer review then look at all the papers that reference this article in the 1940's by other scientists that back up the claims of the original paper. There's a huge amount of scientific peer reviewed work backing up the link.

Again, globalnews is a crank site that has spread countless conspiracy misinformation.

Anything from that site is invalid and suspect.

You are showing yourself up to be a full on conspiracy theorist now, further proving that you entered this thread under false pretenses.

You were also ask whether or not your agree with her clearly false and cleary conspiracy theory claims. You refused to answer because doing so honestly would have also exposed your conspiracy believes, again showing how much of a dishonest coward you are.

Why did you lie?

• Advertisement

Did you read this article?

That's three times now that conspiracy theorists have supported an article despite it being behind a pay wall.

Are you guys all subscribed to the Scottish Herald? If so that would be a pretty startling coincidence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Saw no mention of him being suspended on the USask profile page about him.

You'd think they might update that page if they were wanting to distance themselves from him?

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.431.9749&rep=rep1&type=pdf

That link has a summary why. Secondly there were papers published that showed no like but the subsequent peer review process showed them to be fraudulent in the same way Andrew Wakefield's autism and vaccine link papers were shown to be fraudulent.

Independent science looks for the truth. It's the media and groups with ulterior motives that refuse to bring these findings to the people or choose to twist it to suit their agenda like the tobacco industry and antivaxxers.

Lol. You're demanding an answer after ignoring pretty much every question put to you?

How typically hypocritical of you.

Answer my questions first or just admit you can't answer them, then I will answer what ever you want.

You won't know. You'll dodge, and whinge and have a bit of a strop about how mean we are.

Because that's all you guys can do in the end.

He was claiming:

In a video posted to the website BitChute this month, he strongly suggests the pandemic is a hoax, driven by a corrupt WHO and “media trickery.” He calls trusted American infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci a liar and hints COVID-19 deaths are falsely reported.

You previously whinged about being accused of believing that.

Do you agree with it now?

Or where you lying before?

I believe it's the latter given all of you previous lies and dishonesty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm guessing you didn't read that last link you provided?

Not seen any articles about him since June last year though and the suspension. What actually happened since that point? What was the result of the investigation into what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Globalnews.ca is a crank "news" blog site.

To use a normal news source

"“While we respect that residents of Saskatchewan have a right to free speech, health system leaders are expected to be committed to fact-based, scientifically driven public messaging,” the SHA message says. “Given the risks of COVID, leaders who depart from this commitment in favour of conspiracy theories put lives at risk by potentially discouraging uptake on life-saving vaccines."

Vaccines save lives, that's irrefutable. If any medical professional starts actively giving people bad advice, they'll likely find their license under review by the regulators if not their job. These people have a duty of care. Likewise if a pilot starts expressing beliefs that the world is flat, it's likely he'll find himself in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They aren't questioning it. They are giving bad medical advice.

Likewise if a medical professional starts recommending homeopathic treatments to cancer patients, they'll quickly find themselves in hot water. These people hold high positions of trust, as such they are held to high standards by the regulatory bodies, they can't be dispensing faulty advice or conspiracy theories.

It might be fun for someone to play "vaccine denier" or contrarian on an internet conspiracy forum, but the real world is very different

And maybe he's a crank who was spreading misinformation and now is facing consequences for that.

But it's rather bizarre for you to ramble about "forked tongue" when you've been caught out in lie after lie after mistruth after bullshit.

Not to mention all the times you've dodged and run from points you cannot address honestly and have to resort to insults and whinging to deflect.

Why are you constantly lying to defend your conspiracy theories?

Why did you have to pretend not to believe in your conspiracy theories to defend them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Why do you keep repeating the lie that the public were not informed about the dangers of smoking until the 1980s?

Advertisement