Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydraulics issues

Options
  • 13-01-2022 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Folks having an issue with hydraulic log splitter and massey 398 ram works w while and then when you pull the leaver nothing when I pull out the pipes the is pressure on both the male hydraulic fitting and female spool fitting on the tractor both fitting are jammed and have to be released I changed the male fitting but no change there is no issues with other hydraulic impliments that were used today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭emaherx

How is it connect to tractor? Just through a standard spool with lever tied down?

Is the spool set to single action by any chance? There is a knob under the spool turn it completely clockwise or anticlockwise to change from single to double acting I can't remember which is which but there should on a sticker near by showing the positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭emaherx

Knob on bottom turn all the way anti-clockwise for double acting cylinders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If it works for a while i think seals may be gone in the ram, that might explain pressure on both sides when you take the hoses off.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bosallagh88

Advertisement