Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Hydraulics issues

• 13-01-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ bosallagh88

Folks having an issue with hydraulic log splitter and massey 398 ram works w while and then when you pull the leaver nothing when I pull out the pipes the is pressure on both the male hydraulic fitting and female spool fitting on the tractor both fitting are jammed and have to be released I changed the male fitting but no change there is no issues with other hydraulic impliments that were used today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ emaherx

How is it connect to tractor? Just through a standard spool with lever tied down?

Is the spool set to single action by any chance? There is a knob under the spool turn it completely clockwise or anticlockwise to change from single to double acting I can't remember which is which but there should on a sticker near by showing the positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ emaherx

Knob on bottom turn all the way anti-clockwise for double acting cylinders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭ blue5000

If it works for a while i think seals may be gone in the ram, that might explain pressure on both sides when you take the hoses off.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ bosallagh88

Advertisement