Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (44mm) €216 inc Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks for this Ambush.

Was looking around for best deal on this after my Ionic gave up the ghost after Christmas, and seems to be €279+ elsewhere (and just missed cashback promo late last year too).

Ordered.. I'd be unsure if Weighing Scales will arrive as promotion period indicates ending on 9/1 in T&C's, but price for watch is pretty much €60 cheaper than everywhere else.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Likewise Basq, had planned to buy with Cashback offer but just missed it.

I messaged Amazon team and i was informed that the scales will come with it ( I'll believe it when I see it). Ordered early yesterday so will let ye know when the watch arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

fitbit sense vs this.. any comparison? sense has 6-day battery life/ it was available for 189gbp in amazon during the holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

nice find, does anyone know, if this watch is an upgrade model from the Samsung galaxy s3 gear model

are these compatible with iphones

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Got the missus the 40mm version for Xmas, it's a brilliant watch. The display is top notch and interface is fairly decent. This is very tempting...

Phone is €209 and OP quoted €216 including delivery, so postage is covered in price quoted.

thanks for that, on amazon they start at 209, and a little for delivery, I see some shops sellers on adverts with same watches with 24month warranty starting from €239, i think i will buy from the walk in store and pick up the same day

thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone with a 4, can you confirm that Google pay works on it as in the last samsing phones havnt worked for contact less payments here. Think this is the first version that works in Ireland?

I don't have it.. yet.. but have read it is the first Galaxy Watch that supports it, along with Samsung Pay.

The Fitbit sense would have a much longer battery life but this would be able to functionally do a lot more.

I guess you could say the Fitbit is primarily a fitness watch, whereas this watch is primarily 'Smart'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Samsung offer that 24 month warranty and not those shops. Also most shops you see on Adverts sell it off the record as in they dont pay any tax on it hence they can sell it cheaper. Your receipt wont have VAT on it as they dont pay that.

Samsung watches fall in value quick / are often on promotion. The Classic 46mm was recently down to 210£ on Amazon UK and you could also claim 55 euro cash back on it.

^ Only problem being the VAT due on a £210 order on Amazon UK to ship here would pretty much negate the cashback. If you could get local / EU close to that price w/ cashback, it'd be a result.

So this DE is the best going right now especially with scales (upwards £80+ elsewhere thrown in).

Mine is indicated as arriving on Friday but I got text from An Post this morning indicating it's due in next working day.

Thanks for the update Basq

Mine is showing for delivery next Thursday. If you get the delivery tomorrow it would be great to get confirmation on the scales.

Worth checking tracking via Amazon.. mine is still indicating Friday on Amazon yet tracking indicates it arrived in Dublin this morning:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Google Pay works fine with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Thanks OP. Coming from a Huawei GT2 I'm a bit concerned if I can get used to the short battery life. I decided to take the plunge and ordered it, delivery Friday. Ordered a couple of extra chargers with it so can have one in the office as well.

Nice one. Just checked and mine and its in Dublin too.👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

My post was for 46mm Classic. It was around 230£ delivered to Ireland as Amazon UK calculate import fees at check out. Then 55 cashback from Samsung - so was a better deal than this.

230£ is around 275 / take away 55 cash back - 220 for Galaxy Watch 4 46mm Classic. This was at end of december.

Yes at the moment this is the cheapest for this model but as I mentioned in my original post Samsung frequently have them reduced with cashback offers etc so if you are not in a hurry may be better to wait.

^ You did well.. VAT on a £210 purchase from Amazon is just under £41 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks op , that is a good deal . Ordered one there , worked out €223 for me in total at checkout .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'm considering this watch. I presume it would work with an xaomi smartphone?

Watch just arrived.. no scales unfortunately.

They might arrive separately yet I suppose. Will ask on Amazon CS.

EDIT: From CS chat:

"The promotion starts on 15/12/2021 and ends on 09.01.2022 (“promotional period”)

And you have placed order on Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2022 um 01:14 (CET)

So you are not eligible for this offer"

Yeah, thought as much! 🤨

Post edited by Basq on

Yes , its made for phones running android . I think there are a few health features that only work in Samsung phones because of the app.

Good to know , I wonder was the price the same for the watch in that period . The op was 11/01/22

Complained to Amazon and got a call back offering a €21 refund.. it's no scales but it'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

I installed the modded health app to allow blood pressure monitor and ECG features using the video posted in the above link, was a simple enough process in the end.

• Advertisement

They have changed the listing now as well without the scales , I wonder was it on the back of this 😆

Advertisement