Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on large family car

• 13-01-2022 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Looking to buy a BEV.

Happy to buy new.

Let’s say price is less important than suitability for my family -350km range motorway, sits 5 adults. Not 3 rows. And has large storage space.

Basically a bev version of Skoda Superb Estate

I see the Tesla Model Y, the Volvo XC40 and possibly the Skoda Enyaq (branding means nothing to me though I do like comfort)

I want a car that will last my family through long long day trips, ok to have a quick recharge if needed tho

Any thoughts on what new bev model would suit us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭innrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I think you may have answered your own question there with your choices. The Enyaq is highly thought of and the bigger battery version may be able to cope with your range requirements (although fully loaded at 120KpH for 350Kms might be a stretch without charging). Model Y is also a reasonable bet but I don't think it is available here yet. VW ID4 is an Enyaq with a different coat.

I have been in the XC40 Recharge and I can imagine it is a little cramped for 5 adults and luggage but you might want to take a look at one yourself (range will not be the 350kms you are looking for though).

That is pretty much it if you want something "SUV" like. A Tesla Model 3 LR or Model S 100 could also fit the bill, as would the Ioniq5 and Kia EV6 (with the big batteries, of course).

You are looking at some way north of €50k (most likely) to meet your needs in any of these cases as you will be needing the largest battery/longest range version of whatever model you decide on. Some of them might even push over the €100k depending on spec.

Advertisement