Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New cars that don’t have a long backlog?

Options
  • 12-01-2022 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I’m in the market for a new Ford Fiesta or Hyundai i20 or something similar. I’m just wondering should I expect a long backlog with all makes of car or do some makers have a reasonable wait time at the moment?

Also, I have a 2007 Fiat Punto with 120k km on it. Is it too old or would I get a decent price as a trade in?

I know I can just ring around and ask but I’m just trying to give myself a heads up before I start calling around dealers next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Check out the Renault Clio,Peugeot 208 and Citroen C3 too.

The Seat Ibiza is also worth a look. As for lead in times I have no idea.

I would however say the punto Is to old to trade in. It would be worth nothing to them.

Shop around and enjoy. That's what I would do.

Best thing is to try and sell it privately if it is still good and You will get a better deal on a new car buying with a straight deal anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Opel Corsa is available and is a good car. Sandero Stepway also if that floats your boat.

Advertisement