Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far infrared heating

Options
  • 21-11-2021 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am thinking of getting some Far infrared heaters in the house and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this heating. An electrician recommended them to me saying they are quite efficient

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

I checked these out three years ago when fully renovating the house.

I liked the idea of a fully dry solution with for example no risk of punctured UFH pipes. And that the rooms are supposed to heat very quickly.

BER rating system would crucify them but that wasn’t a major concern if in fact they worked well.

In the end I went for an A2W with UFH because there was very little verifiable experience of far infra red in Ireland or even the UK.

This may have changed in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I used one of them panel IR heaters, looked like a whiteboard but the amount of heat was tiny compared to normal electric rads so I sent it back.

They work a bit differently as they heat objects and not the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nayane Morais

we installed infrared in our place over 10 years ago and are very pleased with them, we used www.infraredheat.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nayane Morais

was the heater spec property, we also tried an infrared panel from a local company and it was a small one, we got in touch with infrared heating Ireland and the were very knowledgeable, then recommend a few options and it work out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

9 comments in ten years on boards and they are all promoting this (your?) company. Or maybe I'm just being a sceptic 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Your not alone there. Digging up a post from November.. how many pages back would that have been with scrolling alone (not searching)

I have heard decent things about them, and the physics principles work for them too (but they do get v hot, 85-100c to be able to emit IR)

But then come out with vague marketing w*** just makes my eyes roll

"These Sunjoy IR Panels purifies the air and emits refreshing air that captures vitamins in the air, contributing to an overall relaxation that activates the cells of the body heightening the overall resistance to disease."

Not gonna argue, about the IR being relaxing, if you lie out in the sun behind glass, that heat you feel is mostly IR. but the rest of it is a bit of a stretch.

Advertisement