Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayor of Kingstown - US Pace - Paramount+ (**Spoilers**)

• 01-09-2021 5:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭

A new series from Tyler Sheridan & Antoine Fuqua with another all star cast starts November 14th,

Jeremy Renner, Daine Wiest & Kyle Chandler

“Mayor of Kingstown” follows the McLusky family — power brokers in Kingstown, Mich., where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry. Tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption, and inequality, the series provides a stark look at their attempt to bring order and justice to a town that has neither.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mayor of Kingstown premieres November 14 on Paramount +

Jeremy Renner, Kyle Chandler, Hugh Dillon, Pha’rez Lass, Tobi Bamtefa, Emma Laird, Derek Webster, Taylor Handley, Dianne Wiest and Hamish Allen-Headley star in Taylor Sheridan’s upcoming series which follows the McLusky family, power brokers in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry. Tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption and inequality, the series provides a stark look at their attempt to bring order and justice to a town that has neither

Deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that opening episode was ok and if they get a season arc going it might get a hook however for the cast they have put together for it I would have expected a stronger pilot episode even with the unexpected part.

There is a good premise to the series I hope it can find it's feet with the talent in front and behind the camera there real potential here however it is bleak really bleak.

• Advertisement

Going The Shield route with now shades of gray the good guys are just as bad as bad guys if not worse since they are supposed to be the good guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

3 episodes in and it's well worth watching,very gritty if you like hard hitting shows its up there. Great cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I randomly came across this and binged the 4 epiosodes and just thought WOW! Nice and gritty. Well worth checking out.

Starting to reach a boiling point now both inside and outside the prisons.

Wherever you get your tv shows from this is one you need to check out this year.

Renner does a fantastic job!!

Well worth a binge.

• Advertisement

Cracking episode this week and man that was some sick find in the ground and Mike showing his serious dangerous side now as well.

Damn that was a fantastic and what a set up for next weeks season finale.

This is one show I do not want to end. It's simply one of the best dramas that i have ever seen!

That was one fantastic season of TV from start to the finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Pretty decent ending and a couple of interesting points to kick off a new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It was an enjoyable season overall but I thought the last episode was too rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Very disappointed with this, thought it would be better from the reviews on here. Each to their own and all that but I'm baffled how anyone can compare this to The Wire. Nonsense plot, cliched characters and the overuse of curse words is almost comical. Taylor Sheridan is going downhill fast, first Yellowstone and now this. Renner carries this show massively, poor lads back must be fecked. 5/10

Post edited by markw7 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was a mad season of television. Renner was outstanding, really carried this. Its nonsense, gritty and gloomy but entertaining as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Milo is the wee divil. can't wait to see him out and about in S2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Really enjoying the second series so far

The internet isn’t for everyone

Any news on a 3rd series, I know Renner is healing, is Milo dead or alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

Milos dead. The phone call recording at the end was prior to the bomb.

Third series is planned but Jeremy renner is still messed up from his snow plough accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya sure? Seemed unclear and I thought it was after the bomb. Makes sense to fake his death as he's a fugitive and has 14m dollars in bonds.

Anyway just binged the 2nd season over the last few days, what a show, its mental and over the top but damn entertaining. Bunny the real star of the show, not your average gang banger. Fantastic performances throughout, its a grim show.

Speedy recovery to Renner for season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Finished myself at the weekend. Had been loving the show but that ending!!! One of the best things I've watched recently. It didn't need to go all Hart to Hart at the end. 😁

Ruined the feel of the show for me...Iris shooting the Russian saving Mike's. 🤑

• Advertisement

she got a taste for killing after the previous guy

i had nothing negative to say after the ending tbh i thought it was confusing with the phone call but that may have been added after renners injury just to leave a bit of mystery in case it doesnt return

Advertisement