Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Timetable 2022

• 14-02-2021 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me towards the JC Timetable for 2022 please ?
    I can't seem to find it online.

We will be moving our 2021 Summer Holiday to 2022 (originally booked for 2020) but our eldest child will be doing the JC so our dates will need to change.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Timetable won't be out yet but you can figure it out roughly by looking at previous years and checking it against what subjects she does. So the latest exams tend to be things like metalwork etc

Late start 2022 with the bank holiday being very late so the first exam will be the 8th probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Timetable won't be out yet but you can figure it out roughly by looking at previous years and checking it against what subjects she does. So the latest exams tend to be things like metalwork etc

Late start 2022 with the bank holiday being very late so the first exam will be the 8th probably!

Thanks very much. Our son studies Tech Graphics which seems to be very late going on previous Timetable.

I take it that the Timetable doesn't change much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

The order doesn't usually unfortunately. The only thing I can think that might make a difference is some subjects are moving to one paper instead of 2, like maths and next year Irish but that might only buy a day.

Thanks. I just wanted an idea of dates so will choose on the safe side !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Thanks. I just wanted an idea of dates so will choose on the safe side !

I love your positivity and proactovity in holiday planning for 2022, love that! Made me feel I should be doing the same!

• Advertisement

Smacruairi wrote: »
    I love your positivity and proactovity in holiday planning for 2022, love that! Made me feel I should be doing the same!

Not sure that I would be doing it if we didn't have an existing Booking left over since 2020 ! But I do need to think that we will be able to travel in 2022 !

Just want to ask approx how far in advance is the Timetable normally released ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Just want to ask approx how far in advance is the Timetable normally released ?

Usually end October, start November, sometimes later, but usually by December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Last few years it has been mid Dec or early Jan before it was confirmed.

I had kids doing a task that needed dates confirmed and they weren't able to complete until back in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's usually December when the timetable is released. Just to note the timetable for 2021 hasn't been released yet.

The timetable usuallys starts the Wednesday after the June bank holiday and for JC runs for about 2.5 weeks.

• Advertisement

Right, I am looking at the last available JC Timetable which was for 2020 and it was meant to start on Wed June 3rd and Tech Graphics was Tuesday June 16th.

If JC 2022 starts on Wed June 8th, would it be reasonable to expect TG to be Tuesday June 21st ?

We would like to travel Thursday June 23rd. Need to change our existing Booking soon.

Or am I cutting it too fine with June 23rd?

It'll probably be ok. Some subjects are moving to one paper instead of two like Maths and Irish, so the JC will probably finish sooner in 2022. It shouldn't finish any later anyway than the normal timetable.

It'll probably be ok. Some subjects are moving to one paper instead of two like Maths and Irish, so the JC will probably finish sooner in 2022. It shouldn't finish any later anyway than the normal timetable.

Thank you !
    Going to go for Thursday 23rd then.

Just bumping this up so if anyone knows when the Timetable for JC 2022 may get published

We booked for Thursday June 23rd so hopefully that will be OK but if it's not, then I'll want to change it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

With most subjects only have one paper now it will be a shorter run of exams for JC but exact dates are unknown, other than the start date… June 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Any update on when the JC Timetable for 2022 will be published ?

Any update on when the JC Timetable for 2022 will be published ?

Also, our son is hearing rumours (I know!) that the JC may be cancelled altogether like the past 2 years ? Is that just wishful thinking on his part or a real possibility?

Neither the LC or JC Timetable has been published yet. It's normally out by December. I wouldn't believe any rumours about JC until you hear it from Norma Foley.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Hopefully they publish it soon. I have told him to keep studying and take it that there will be a JC until we know otherwise. Hopefully they decide soon though.

It has been first week in January some years, not too surprising that they haven't published yet though, they'd never hear the end of it.

Do you not think that it would give a bit more focus for the Students if they did publish it though ?

Because at the moment the kids think that because it is not yet published, that the Exams will be cancelled like the past 2 years.

I reckon it's up in the air at the moment, I'd say JC is more or less dead in the water, and LC probably same as 2021. If they had published in December, fair enough, but now that they haven't yet, it's pointless them publishing, we all know whatever is released is very unlikely to happen without change.

LC need some nugget, it's an awful stressful year for them, but it was Feb 28 I think last year before they gave in so who knows when it will happen.

Thanks. I originally asked this question in relation to moving our cancelled family holiday from 2020 but now I am more concerned about keeping our son motivated to study !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

You could remind him that he’s in school to learn, not to prepare for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Just bribe him. It never fails. Or be negative and take the Pacman or Atari or whatever they're playing these days off him. Better be positive and give a reward rather than punish with a confiscation because all the Helen Lovejoys would be on your case.

Now, at least it is confirmed that the JC will go ahead.

Anyone know when the Timetable will be published?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

Norma says ‘shortly’. Make of that what you will, but I’d be hoping in the next week or so.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed that it is roughly the same as previous years from a Dates pov

Advertisement