Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Leave Query

• 05-01-2022 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Due to Covid 19 I am working two and a half days a week. Can anyone help me calculate what annual leave days I will be entitled to. I use to get 21 days for working 5 days a week. Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It generally works out as 8% of hours worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

Surely 10.5 days? Just pro rata?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You are legally entitled to 4 weeks of annual leave. In your case, that requires 10 days of annual leave time.

But your employer may choose to give you more, eg 10.5 days.

You have to discuss it with them.

Post edited by Mrs OBumble on

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

After I wrote this discussion and was on my home from work it came to me that surely it would be 10.5 days. Was having a stupid moment earlier. This discussion can be closed please. I will also discuss it with my boss. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

A family member works a 7 day roster pattern of (Week 1) 5 X 12 hour days(Week 2) 2X 12 hour days (Week 3) 5X 12 days (Week 4) 2 X 12 days . Their manager has told them that their annual leave entitlements are 14 days annual leave per year. Surely managers statement is incorrect or is it correct can anyone give me guidance on how if this is legal, under the Working Time Act as all formulas point to 4 weeks annual leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sounds right.

They are entitled to 4 weeks leave per year.

With their roster, they work for 7 days every fortnight, or 14 days every 4 weeks.

So to get 4 weeks leave, they need 14 paid days.

So 4 weeks annual leave paid at 40 hour week over 5 days ? Because they work 7 day roster manager said annual leave is Monday to Sunday inclusive hence 14 days annual leave.

It's four weeks pro-rata.

Advertisement