Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Just wondering is the proposed extension to Waterford into south Kilkenny an issue other than in the immediate area it effects within Kilkenny? serious question by a Blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Are you not intelligent enough to understand that it would have an effect outside the area like it would be the same if Kilkenny did it to Waterford.

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Are you not intelligent enough to understand that it would have an effect outside the area like it would be the same if Kilkenny did it to Waterford.

What a nasty reply, play the ball not the man.

What a nasty reply, play the ball not the man.

Giving my opinion what the majority of kilkenny people think its you are the one has come on a kilkenny forum.

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Giving my opinion what the majority of kilkenny people think its you are the one has come on a kilkenny forum.

So with your obviously superior intellect, would you indicate where exactly I should post a question to the good Citizen's of Kilkenny (note the capital letter) in the Donegal forum?

• Advertisement

So with your obviously superior intellect, would you indicate where exactly I should post a question to the good Citizen's of Kilkenny (note the capital letter) in the Donegal forum?

If you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

In the voice of Richard Harris..

"Be a good blaa,turn around and go home...this field is mine."

.....:p

stratowide wrote: »
    In the voice of Richard Harris..

"Be a good blaa,turn around and go home...this field is mine."

.....:p

"T'was once mine and will be again"

In the voice of Richard Burton.

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I know of two; one was a Dr.; the other would've been a relation of mine but the third I've not become aware of until now.

Do GA have questions to answer? Like they kept it out for long enough but all of a sudden it's become rampant?

Figure of 31 I got from a relative was 31; 14 Residents & 17 Staff but KCLR, via GA NH themselves obviously, seemed to indicate 31 Residents & 90% of Staff affected & GA NH subsequently been posting out similar numbers so not fully sure exact breakdown.

One thing I'll say is local firms've come onboard & provided things like bed-linen/laundry (Dolmen & Hibernian) & O'Toole Skip Hire gave a skip; I assume these were free in all cases but in event they weren't they still provided the facilities to the NH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Any sports shops foing click and collect in kk town?

Better living everyone

Ex. SF & subsequently Ind. Co. Cllr. found guilty of failing to give a sample with other charges dismissed.

The court report is quite extensive with many jaw-dropping moments dotted throughout > https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/crime-and-courts/620029/driver-who-was-obnoxious-to-gardai-given-driving-ban.html

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Ex. SF & subsequently Ind. Co. Cllr. found guilty of failing to give a sample with other charges dismissed.

The court report is quite extensive with many jaw-dropping moments dotted throughout > https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/crime-and-courts/620029/driver-who-was-obnoxious-to-gardai-given-driving-ban.html

I've seen her ramblings on social media. Dangerous vile woman

Are guards suppose to have face masks keep there distance at a check point, came across two to day out on the slip road Templemartin which had neither i was well with in my five kilometres .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,735 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

SO WHO WON THE LOTTO???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

SO WHO WON THE LOTTO???

Not me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Anyone know of any bootcamps or outdoor excercise classes running in the evenings in or around Kilkenny City? Havent been in the gym since late December and im fed up of the bright evenings and little to be at these days. TiA

Better living everyone

The best of luck to cartoon saloon over the weekend credit to all involved the minows v the large boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Search and rescue helicopter over town now- sounds like it’s down by Lacken /river Nore? Did some poor unfortunate go into the river? Hope they are ok

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Search and rescue helicopter over town now- sounds like it’s down by Lacken /river Nore? Did some poor unfortunate go into the river? Hope they are ok

As per KCLR 96 FM 6pm News O'Clock a kayaker got stuck on the weir; chopper gone back to base (Waterford) but Fire Brigade Service were on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Anyone know what is going into the old elverys shop on High Street?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

It's being branded today, a Vodafone store

Walked by today. Insanely large store with very little in it!

I saw tables last week and got excited it might be food.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Another phone shop- just what Kilkenny is crying out for! Meanwhile Jysk opens in Carlow….why are these retailers avoiding Kilkenny like the plague????

I see Home savers are looking for staff in Kk but no idea where. Wasn’t Superdrug lined up for that unit on high st? Why did they pull out?

Absolute joke- all Kilkenny ever seems to have these days is existing stores moving into bigger ones.

Thread here about homesavers:

Had heard about Superdrug also but never saw anything concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Hi, does anyone know someone who would replace window seals on a house with Munster Joiney windows fitted in it. Have tried one local company who has promised to come 5 times in the last 6 months without success. Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I see Boston Donuts is gone, they didn't last long...maybe 3-4 months?

Seriously overpriced and I guess they couldn't sell enough of them to cover costs

• Advertisement

Rent there is €1900 per month. That’s a LOT of donuts to sell to just cover costs. Another vacant unit until the next mugs come along!

Advertisement