Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For ALL ZX Spectrum Fans : Press Coverage Alert

Options
  • 04-01-2022 6:27pm

A special edition Retro Magazine will be on sale on 22nd Jan. This kind of publication is the only reason I'll go out and buy a print magazine these days. In Depth coverage will focus on the ZX Spectrum NEXT. Maybe even some info will be contained therein on how to buy one in this new hostile post brexit world!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I feel sorry for anyone who's backed 2nd Kickstarter here in Ireland because they're going to get hammered with VAT.

I'm just looking forward to the 2nd edition (with the new updated firmware) to be released so I can update my firmware on my 1st edition.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

They can't source the FPGA chip they used last time, so they are changing it, which is going to lead to massive delays, looks like could even end up at 2023 which is pretty crap. There is good news for any backers of this revision though, It'll be a more powerful fpga, so for other cores it could be good, and they will have a European distribution centre as well as UK so vat/duty should hopefully not be an issue.

Still, all a bit crappy. Wonder if I should sell my issue one to the impatient desperate ones!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement