Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old phone pics & videos

Options
  • 25-12-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi, Firstly Happy Christmas to all, hope the day is good for you.

I've x6 old mobile phones ranging anything upto 12 + years old on which I have alot of my family memories on in the form of both pictures and video clips.

One of the mobiles is 'locked' ( Sony Experia ) because it was so long since i turned it on i forgot the password code and now is fully locked down.

Basically I'm looking for any reccomendation of a business/person in the Cork area whom can transfer all my data to a memory stick but also unlock the Sony mobile , so it would need to be someone really competent this area to get the job done.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You go to any good phone repair shop, unlock phone, it takes about 4 hours, the remove the pin code from the phone, I forgot my 4 digit pin code, I went to shop, cost me 10 euro, to erase the pin, all the photos videos are still on my phone, my phone is a Sony experia M

Do not go to eir shop, 3 shop they might think the phone is maybe a stolen phone , plenty of shops do laptop, phone repair

Buy a micro sd card 32 gig cost 16 euro install file manager app and go to storage internal , photos should be in folder Dcim, internal storage copy folder to sdcard folder images put sdcard in phone

Browse to internal storage videos or just search internal storage, videos or search mp4 , search avi to find videos

Or you can ask shop to copy all images and videos to sdcard folder 1,2, images, video etc if you can't do it yourself

Buy sdcard reader in Dealz , poundland shop cost 2 euro plug sdcard reader into pc or laptop to acess data

Look on pc, menu, start, my computer drive D or F,: 32gig

The sd card Reader has a slot to insert sdcard micro in.

before you plug it into pc USB port or laptop USB port

Or turn on phone plug it into pc USB port using a micro USB to USB a cable

See if it shows up in my computer

Sony experia drive

Google Sony experia Connect to pc software install it on the pc

you don't need the pin no to see the data on phone internal storage

If you go to shop say my phone is locked I forgot my pin can you remove the pin no but do not erase the images or videos on the phone remove sdcard from phone if it has one inserted in the slot before you go to the shop it might cost 10, 15 euro depends on where you go when you get phone back it just turns on will not ask you for pin no

Are you sure its not the phone pin code for the sim card?

Remove sim card, turn on phone, see does it ask you for a pin no,

If I remove my sim card from my Sony phone itturns on, does not ask for any pin no or unlocking code no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Thanks very much for that. You seem fairly knowledgeable on the subject. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

copy images, videos, data from phone to pc,

download experia companion charge phone at least 20 per cent before plugging it in to pc ,turn on phone, plug into pc,

after companion is installed, reboot, pc, start experia companion, turn on phone, plug phone into pc, wait 1 to 4 minutes,

click transfer phone data, images,

see folder sony internal, storage,dcim, camera, images ,

see storage internal, videos, or internal storage,

downloads/video,

videos, to pc,

phone could show up as drive ,d,e or f: start, my computer , in menu,pc, start menu, my computer, drive, ?

d, e,or f:

i installed on my windows 7 pc, it took 23 minutes to install experia companion .my pc is about 6 years old . .

Eg drive E, 32gig or drive E ; 64 gig depending on size of phone internal storage

If you have an sdcard you could copy data onto a sdcard inserted in the phone sdcard slot or else copy to pc user folder, eg user, my pictures, my videos drive C on the pc or laptop you use for the transfer

Post edited by riclad on

Advertisement