Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Friend renewing her licence

Options
  • 04-01-2022 9:10pm

Friend is renewing her licence in person. the site says a passport is acceptable to show address but passports don't have address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It does not say a passport can be used as proof of address on the website (Photo ID and Residency yes).

You or her need to read the details in more detail I think.

I renewed recently in person and I think its a good idea to bring serval documents to ensure your covered anyway.

It takes nothing to print an online utility bill, even if you are using you previous licence as proof of address, you still have a back-up, Or Tax Cert for PPS and Proof of address etc.

OK thanks i looked yesterday at a screen that had four panels in one view. i was sure it said address but i guess i mixed up residency. Do they accept a printed online utility bill?.

Yes they accept online bills you printed at home.

I brought my electrical Bill, Tax cert, Passport, Driving Licence and PPSN card...not sure which I used for what now, But I did make an address change so either the Tax cert or Energy bill was used for this.

ok thanks. how does it work re the form do they fill it in there.

Yes they fill in all the details on their side, very easy and very quick.

There is a machine on the applicant side to take a photo, so be prepared!!

They take 3 photos and you get to pick the best.

I'm sure if you didn't like all 3 they'd probably run it again.

Also you need to sign on the same machine a digital signature, using a plastic type pen on a glass surface.

Again you can retry if required.

Payment I think needs to be be by wireless or card...no cash taken.

• Advertisement

I renewed yesterday online through the MyGov portal. They used details from my PSC and details on file from my current license.

Advertisement