Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsealy v/s Donabate

Options
  • 01-01-2022 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We are very close to buying a house in Kinsealy (3 bed mid terrace for 495k in Kinsealy Woods) but also have an option to get a 4 bed (semi detached house in Donabate). We both work in Dublin 4 so would be taking the dart/bus. Any views on Kinsealy v/s Donabate - location (accessibility), price trends, safety, schools, parks & recreation amongst other things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

IMO KW gives you access to the DART, Donabate only Northern Commuters, if you work nearer a DART station then KW is the one for frequency of service.

Buses, Donabate only has 33B to Swords, there was talk of it being extended but that seems to have died the death, KW has any buses that run along Malahide Rd

Infrastructure AFAIK both require investment in infrastructure, especially with the amount of expected building in the Donabate penninsula, only 1 secondary school, not sure how the schools around Malahide/Portmarnock are faring but there is more choice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ash1989

Thank you so much. I guess the only reason I am in two minds is that for the price off a 3 bed Mid Terrace in Kinsealy, I am getting a 4 bed semi detached (plus the option to convert the attic to a room).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

Would also be curious to hear anyone else's experience of Kinsealy Woods, pros cons etc.

Advertisement