Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat pump and domestic hot water control

Options
  • 30-12-2021 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our 2006 or 2007 Dimplex can heat the hot water. It’s currently not set to do that, as we were isolating the cause of a pump fault. I am wondering if I should bother turning it back on, is it much better than using immersion?

what is the system logic though? Or what are the options?

i understand the pump could bring water to 45 degrees give or take a degree. And then the immersion could top up the heat to a higher temperature.

Thinking about efficiency, when does the pump heat the water? Is it after it’s done heating house UFH or is it throwing excess energy into water when it has it? When would I know to set the immersion to top it up?

ideally I suppose I’d like heat pump to have water base temp up in the night to avail of night rate electricity, then shot of immersion at 6am before people shower and before the night rate ends?

Not sure the pump thinks like this or has such settings though?

😎

Comments

Advertisement