Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw head for excavator

Options
  • 30-12-2021 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Looking into buying a sawhead for our track machine and looking for opinions on different brands?

Machine is 6 tonne with adequate pressure for saw.

Went and viewed the slanetrac hs75 and got price and am impressed ... would like a demo all the same before any hand shaking is done. The fact the company only operates a small drive away helps too.

There's a couple of brands on done deal .. all look fit for the job so I'd like opinions please cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

There is a group on facebook, hedge cutting ireland, I'm sure there are plenty of people on that who would have experience with saw heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Tried the buckets dot ie one for less than an hour before on my own digger. Had toyed with the idea of buying a sawhead the same as yourself and the man beside me had one.

His is the gear pump version,fairly powerful tool and would need serious getting used to. He has it for two years Id say. Blade is fairly good still. Never had any bother with it he said. Although he's fairly careful to allow the blade to come to a complete stop before the safety handle is pulled. This is the biggest killer of seals in the motor,oil return is blocked when the switch is in the safe position.

I didn't feel comfortable with it and felt nothing was ever in full control. I eventually went and bought a tree shear instead and to me the shear was far and above what a sawhead could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

A lot of tidying up after a saw head . We get a lad in with a SEPPI mulcher on a track machine and when he goes out the gate there is no work to be done . A saw head is working in the neighbouring farm and there is a lot of tidying up after it .

Advertisement