Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedigree Angus Cattle

Options
  • 31-12-2021 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi anyone have pedigree angus cows out there? My father was on about getting a few good stock. Is there anything we should look out for, are pedigree cattle harder kept than sucklers? What would be best to buy do ya think a few nice heifer weanlings or incalf cows? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭orm0nd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

What do you want to do with them? Show? Sell bulls to dairy farmers? Black or red?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

My family has pedigree Angus cattle (Cork). They're very hardy and easy to manage. Generally calm. However one trait my dad has observed over the years is they can become very hot headed for a few days after calving so it's something to watch out for.

Incalf cows are the way to go i would say- It's how my dad started out.

Be aware that prices for Angus females are up at the moment to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jimmy2020

Thanks for ur replys, I'm not sure just yet bogman maybe sell a few bulls to dairy if there good enough and sell the heifers in calf or something. I didn't know there was a difference between red and black angus

• Advertisement
Advertisement