Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,162 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any offers on decent Champagne/Prosecco ??

Something around €20-€30 a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got 1 slab of 24 Guinness in Tesco express Drogheda today , 15 euro . I’ll keep the receipt for a memory of the joys of cheap booze .

I’ve never got a slab as cheap before , last hurrah before new year MUP .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Tesco have Moet and Mumm for €30. Lots of other less recognised champagnes in supermarkets/discounters around €20.

Champagne being an appellation controlée should in itself bring some assurance of quality but all the same I'd probably stretch to the Moet, that's just a personal preference.

Super Valu have 1.5l Griffon Prosecco for €15

Post edited by Caranica on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I thought of this and asked the last day I was up there. You will need an off licence to purchase alcohol from there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know the cheapest place for a 70cl bottle of Jack Daniels in Cork please? It's down to 25 euro in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that is more like up to 25, as it was cheaper, I see them claiming it was 34, I wonder if that is legal, I thought it would have to be 34 for several weeks.

Dunnes shows it as 22 for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Slabs of Coors are €24 on the supervalu app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks a mil, I didn't even know Dunnes had a grocery website with prices listed. Its about time!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭thefa

28 days in the last 3 months at the higher price is the guideline. Hard to know who’s monitoring it but imagine they cover themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

No slabs Lidl Childers Limerick left. All cheap beer gone apart from about 50 cans of Perlenbacher single cans 😊

Dunnes Childers also no slabs but they have trays of the 30 cent beer they keep bringing out so still some in the back. Plenty of €20 1L Smirnoff and 4 for €5 coke bottles left also.

Post edited by Gaw_ on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Plenty of €15 slabs of Coors / Guinness / other stuff in Tesco Express Tralee this afternoon. First time ever buying a slab actually.

No 30c cans that I could see in Dunnes, just plenty empty shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Dunnes (Northside SC, Dublin)

San Miguel 12 x 300ml bottles - €12.50 (€3.16/l)

Cobra 12 x 300ml bottles - €13 (€3.29/l)

Also Guinness West Indies and Smithwicks Pale Ale 500ml bottles for €2

Tesco Artane

Smithwick's 8 x 500ml cans - €12 (€3.00/l)

Grolsch 12 x 300ml bottles - €10 (€2.53/l)

Gordons 1l Gin - €20

Malfy 70cl Gin - €25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

I see more and more light beers turning up on apps and websites,i'd maybe give them a go(only have a few beers in the evening anyway).we'll see!🤔🤔🤔🍺

Have been known to swig a bottle or two of bud/molson-300/330 ml(bought in a box of 20),from what i can work out they're still gonna be around €20 a box.i could live with that(if i'm right).

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

My final haul before MUP 😥 Fecking eejits bringing this in. 😔

I'd like to extend a massive cheers to all the legends who have posted deals here over the years. 🍺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

No such requirements here. Just look at the sh1te they put as RRP of muck wines making people think they are getting a discount.

Centra seem to have a good few 12 pack Guinness for €12-nowhere near the 24 slab price but still not too bad with what's coming up!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭wassie

Agreed. I use the Vivino app a lot to read reviews and the 'special offer' pricing I often buy wines for show up being pretty close to the average price normally paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Lidl have the black bottle Prosecco down from 12 something to 9.66. Get em while they are there

• Advertisement

I bought 50 bottles of strana in Aldi today, I'll go back for 50 more tomorrow. Given by current drinking habits that will keep we going a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

May be of use to anyone close to Lidl Drumcondra

Bulmers and Carling slabs - €17

Molson and Carlsberg 20 bottles- €12

Christmas Craft beer boxes - €14.99

Own brand "chocolate Baileys" and "salted caramel Baileys" - reduced to €4.99

All with a decent amount of stock left.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Guinness 24 pack in Dunnes stores Finglas (Cardiffsbridge Rd, D11 CX6)

20 euro a slab and about 100 of them left. Just filled up my boot around 6.30pm. Store closes at 7pm, so they will have plenty when the doors open tomorrow.

Fill your boots!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Strana is €1.29 for 500ml. Euro for euro, arguably the vest value beer in the country currently IMHO. I don't even drink lagers usually, but Strana is a top notch Czech style pilsener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭ablelocks

now that's what i call stocking up. fair play. I thought i was doing well with my 24 slabs!*

*i know thats the store, but in fairness, it does look like it could be someones shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭wassie

Probably a few sheds around the country looking like that now.

Is it just me or has anyone else suffered a 'walk of shame' moment when you're the only one in the supermarket car park waddling along with an armful of beer of some description and nothing else???🙈🙈🙈🍻🍻🍻

• Advertisement

It really is excellent and I hope it doesn't disappear after the mup comes in.

Advertisement