Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo T8.....Potentially going Hybrid.........any advice/experience?

Options
  • 28-12-2021 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Potentially going to checkout an XC90 (T8) R Design & an S90 (T8) R Design this week.

If either vehicle becomes my own this will be my first foray into both the Volvo world and also the Hybrid world.

My previous vehicles include a long list of German diesels and a handful of hot hatches all rocking the eaAAA 300bhp ish engines.

When it comes to Hybrid's and specifically this T8 engine, does anyone have any experiences to share?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

I have a 2016 (MY17) XC90 T8 that came in from the UK.

Overall, the T8 is much better standard spec than its petrol and diesel equivalents. I have the lowest spec Momentum but it has loads of nice bits on it, there were some additional things specced when it was purchased too like heated steering wheel.

Regarding the hybrid part, expect around 30km range on the electric. Gives great fuel efficiency when you are staying local and less so on longer journeys. I have been averaging around 7l per 100km I would say. My version has the older, smaller fuel tank of 55L or so, newer ones have 70L I think.

I have had to get the transmission for the ERAD repaired which my warranty covered (with local garage who imported it on my behalf). Do some research on this before you buy, can be a 4k bill if you need everything done and seems to be relatively common.

Consider getting a model with the 360 degree cameras or reversing camera at the very least if you are going with the XC90, it is a big bus.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I never once in two months got the xc90 the 24km into work. And I really tried. Also was horrendously thirsty afterwards. I’d be curious to see what the uprated batteries (brought in two/three years back?) would do though

In contrast I’ve a plug in Sorento now that does the journey both ways (starts at 47 with ac off) and manages it with 5km to spare. Because of this the consumption is stuck at 1.4L. Although o was incredibly impressed by the few three hours drives it’s done. XC90 had an extra 140 bhp though and is a far quicker machine.

Advertisement